We are on a mission to bring the beauty and complexity of nature into the virtual world. We make it incredibly easy for 3D Artists around the world to create amazing 3D environments in an artist-friendly and creative way. We have big dreams for where to go next, and we’d love to have you on this journey with us.
We have been working on this together since 2018 and have customers and partners like Autodesk, NVIDIA, Amazon Games and thousands more. Today, we’re growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We’re passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the thousands of people Graswald already reaches worldwide.
What you’ll achieve
As a Lead Backend Engineer at Graswald you will design and implement Graswald’s backend infrastructure. In particular, this includes our 3D production pipeline as well as our end-user facing web infrastructure.
- You’ll be working closely with the CEO and Lead Web Developer leading the technical product development for our tools and ensuring we meet our deadlines and growth targets
- You’ll help drive product development and customer experience from a technical side of things
- You’ll help us conceptualize and build our asset delivery and E-Commerce platform.
- You’ll implement an API that tracks our user’s downloads and integrates them with our payment platform
- You’ll set up internal systems to manage our growing asset library
Skills you’ll need to bring
- 2+ years of experience in working as a Lead Backend Engineer, preferably in a fast-paced, SaaS start-up environment
- Good understanding of cloud-based infrastructure, e.g. AWS
- Solid understanding of current development best practices, e.g. version control, CI/CD
- Experience in working with Nodejs and REST APIs
- Experience in designing and implementing relational database schemas
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- An owner’s mindset – you can lead through ambiguity and dig into the details to solve. You are not hesitant to tackle and solve problems yourself and lead by example.
- Experience in working in a team and associated development practices, e.g. version control, code reviews, etc.
- Experience managing a small technical team, mentoring junior developers, setting up and maintaining development processes and best practices.
- Experience in working with Next.JS
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience working with Linux
- Experience with C++
- Theoretical understanding of 3D concepts
- Experience in developing tools for DCC packages such as Blender, Maya, 3DS Max or Houdini
- Conceptual understanding of computer vision and machine learning algorithms
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we believe in the power of a diverse team. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making 3D nature accessible to everyone, we want to hear from you
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!