is constantly seeking the best gaming talent worldwide to add to our 30-plus year legacy of AAAA game development creating new and iconic franchises. We are committed to making great games with great people and living the dream while doing it.
Benefits for our full-time positions include, but are not limited to, a competitive regional salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options, professional development reimbursement perk, flexible hybrid on-site/off-site work opportunities, 12 company paid holidays, additional 10 paid days in December when the studio is closed for holiday break, and the ability to accrue weeks of personal paid time-off.
Join us and shape the future of an amazing studio culture committed to creating award-winning franchises like
, and more!
Come be a part of the future of Crystal Dynamics as a Senior Outsource 3D Character Artist!
Crystal Dynamics is seeking a talented Senior Outsource 3D Character Artist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for crafting visually stunning characters, demonstrating a strong understanding of character design, anatomy, and proportions. As a Senior Outsource Character Artist, your primary responsibility will be to guide artists and provide feedback to ensure the efficient delivery of exceptional character assets for our games before refining the final character assets to perfection.
As a Senior Outsource 3D Character Artist, you will…
- Collaborate with the Art Director and internal teams to develop and execute the game’s overall visual style, emphasizing character design and development
- Manage the outsourcing pipeline by identifying and onboarding external vendors, defining the scope of work, providing feedback and art direction, and ensuring timely delivery of high-quality assets
- Provide clear and concise feedback to external vendors on character assets to ensure they meet the studio’s quality standards, technical requirements, and artistic vision, guiding them through any technical or artistic issues that arise during production
- Refine final character assets in Maya, Substance, or other DCC software, and then import them into Unreal Engine
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation, including style guides and technical specifications, to facilitate consistent and efficient communication with external vendors
- Mentor and provide feedback to internal and external artists to enhance their skills and help them reach their full potential
To be considered for this role, you must have…
- Experience as a Senior Artist, contributing to the creation of high-quality character art for a current or next -gen PC/console release
- Experience managing outsourcing pipelines and collaborating with external vendors
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to provide clear and concise feedback and art direction
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine and Maya
- Work that showcases the artist’s understanding of high-fidelity, photorealistic character creation and demonstrate a keen eye for quality, including mastery of anatomy and attention to detail. Ideally, examples would include annotated images or models that highlight specific areas where the artist provided feedback to improve the quality of the art, side-by-side comparisons of before-and-after versions, or in-game art from published games with explanation impact of artists feedback on final product
The pay range for this role includes the annual base salary, not including bonus and the generous benefits package that Crystal Dynamics provides all full-time employees. Individual compensation is determined by work location within our approved states, as well as additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education. Your recruiter will be able to share more information about total compensation.
Not sure if you are qualified? We hope that you will still choose to apply so we may review your application!
Crystal Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to identifying and implementing positive and persistent measures to ensure equal opportunity in the recruitment, hiring, development, training, promotion and compensation of a diverse team employee group. This includes persons of different race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, political affiliation, age, veteran status, uniform service member status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or citizenship, as well as any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand Crystal Dynamics’s Privacy Notice available at https://www.crystald.com/legal/privacy/.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!