WE ARE GAMEMAKERS Who We Are
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What We Need
We are looking for a Character Technical Artist to drive productivity, innovation, and efficiency in our game. You will assume responsibility as owner over many technical parts of the character-side pipeline. You will be faced with interesting, challenging, evolving problems that require a creative yet disciplined approach. You will work with Technical Art Director, game designers, producers, engineers, artists and more to understand needs, design solutions, and make them a reality.
- Build a strong collaborative relationship with your director, peers, and customers.
- Develop the tech, tools, and pipelines allowing us to innovate efficiently within the character techart space at the highest standards
- Support the character, animation, vehicle, prop, and weapon teams.
- Work in the engine looking for ways to streamline runtime performance.
- Help set team standards around documentation, scripting best practices, and overall tool quality.
- Rig, skin, & export a variety of asset types working closely with your customers on those teams.
Who you are:
We are looking for a tech artist with proven ability to integrate themselves into a AAA team, find areas to improve, and be a self-starter to address the issues. You are the expert in this space, and don’t require hand-holding or micro-management to get the job done: We place a lot of importance on individuals being self-motivated and self-directed.
That being said, our team values strong leadership, management, and you will be fully supported at all times to remove blockages so you can get the job done. We also value growth within your area of expertise and will actively promote your ability to excel within this space.
- 3+ years in the games industry.
- Expert Maya technical knowledge.
- Strong Python scripting and Maya Python API skills.
- Familiar with existing technical standards within the character techart space.
- Proactive troubleshooting and problem solving to help the team as needed.
- Customer focused: customers are what drive technology, not technology for the sake of it.
- Great collaborative teamwork skills.
- Appreciates modularity, reuse, and elegant design.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $79,000 and $106,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an ‘at-will position’ and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
SECURITY NOTICE –
We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from “potential candidates”, in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community:
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!