Looking for a 3D Character Artist to help us work on a new, original game!
Who do we want
We’re looking for a Character Artist who can create vibrant and clean character assets for a 3rd
person, non-violent MMO. You’ll be responsible for creating models and materials for player
characters, their clothing, NPCs, wildlife, and creatures for a cozy, stylized, multiplayer game.
This is a 4-6 month contract position.
● Authoring character models for customizable avatars, clothing, NPCs, and creatures
both mundane and imaginative
● Collaborating with Art Direction to work on cel-shaded, non-PBR assets.
● Implementing your asset into Unreal Engine 5 and following file organization conventions
while creating assets.
● Working with Art Lead to help identify necessary workflow and pipeline improvements.
● Working with Animators and developers on a relatively small team to make sure that
content is optimized for performance on multiple platforms (including Mobile)
● Communicating decisions and tradeoffs to the rest of the team
● A 3D portfolio that demonstrates both a strong understanding of fundamentals of human
and creature anatomy and how to stylize it, as well a sense of cuteness and appeal in
silhouettes and proportions.
● A willingness to work with texturing techniques not standard to the industry.
● Experience balancing the tradeoff between asset detail and breadth of content.
● Proficiency with authoring and working with Unreal materials
● Prior experience with other aspects of the Unreal character art pipeline (skeletal meshes,
third person characters, etc.)
Pay Rate Range:
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!