Job Type: Contract
Compensation Range: $60 – 70 per hour
Our top streaming client is looking for a talentend
3D Character Artist
to provide support on a new, original game!
In this role you will create vibrant and clean character assets for a 3rd person, non-violent MMO. You’ll be responsible for creating models and materials for player characters, their clothing, NPCs, wildlife, and creatures for a cozy, stylized, multiplayer game.
This is a remote 4-6 month contract position.
- Author character models for customizable avatars, clothing, NPCs, and creatures both mundane and imaginative.
- Collaborate with Art Direction to work on cel-shaded, non-PBR assets.
- Implement your asset into Unreal Engine 5 and follow file organization conventions while creating assets.
- Work with Art Lead to help identify necessary workflow and pipeline improvements.
- Work with Animators and developers on a relatively small team to make sure that content is optimized for performance on multiple platforms (including mobile).
- Communicate decisions and tradeoffs to the rest of the team.
- Education: Bachelors
- A 3D portfolio that demonstrates both a strong understanding of fundamentals of human and creature anatomy and how to stylize it, as well a sense of cuteness and appeal in silhouettes and proportions.
- A willingness to work with texturing techniques not standard to the industry.
- Experience balancing the tradeoff between asset detail and breadth of content.
- Proficiency with authoring and working with Unreal materials.
- Prior experience with other aspects of the Unreal character art pipeline (skeletal meshes, third person characters, etc.)
- Nice to have
- Concepting experience, comfortability creating concept for your own work.
- A willingness to work on props and assets outside of the character realm.
- Any 3D generalist skills such as animation or VFX.
Contact from a Cella employee will always come from the domain @cellainc.com and will always provide a phone number where you can contact us. Cella will NEVER present a job offer without a verbal or video interview and we will never ask you to transfer or pay money to get hired or for equipment.
If you are skeptical about any email or job offer, please reach out to us directly at AskAnything@cellainc.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Cella, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate’s education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Cella’s client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Cella representative for more information.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!