We are looking for a 3D Character Artist to help us work on a new, original game! We’re looking for a Character Artist who can create vibrant and clean character assets for a 3rd person, non-violent MMO.
You’ll be responsible for creating models and materials for player characters, their clothing, NPCs, wildlife, and creatures for a cozy, stylized, multiplayer game. This is a 4-6 month contract position.
- Authoring character models for customizable avatars, clothing, NPCs, and creatures both mundane and imaginative
- Collaborating with Art Direction to work on cel-shaded, non-PBR assets.
- Implementing your asset into Unreal Engine 5 and following file organization conventions while creating assets.
- Working with Art Lead to help identify necessary workflow and pipeline improvements.
- Working with Animators and developers on a relatively small team to make sure that content is optimized for performance on multiple platforms (including Mobile)
- Communicating decisions and tradeoffs to the rest of the team
- A 3D portfolio that demonstrates both a strong understanding of fundamentals of human and creature anatomy and how to stylize it, as well a sense of cuteness and appeal in silhouettes and proportions.
- A willingness to work with texturing techniques not standard to the industry.
- Experience balancing the tradeoff between asset detail and breadth of content.
- Proficiency with authoring and working with Unreal materials
- Prior experience with other aspects of the Unreal character art pipeline (skeletal meshes, third person characters, etc.)
- Concepting experience, comfortability creating concept for your own work
- A willingness to work on props and assets outside of the character realm
- Any 3D generalist skills such as animation or VFX
If you are not already, we recommend you familiarize yourself with:
- Google Drive
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!