3D Graphic Artist
A. Harold and Associates, LLC is seeking qualified candidates for a position as a
3D Graphic Artist
on a team developing immersive game-based learning products using Unreal Engine 4 (UE4). The 3D Graphic Artist will facilitate the 3D pipeline into UE4 from tools like Maya and 3DSMax. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in animation for game development, specifically with using the UE4 Animation Blueprints. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team skilled in training and simulation development. This position is open to remote work within the continental United States.
Please provide online portfolio of work including coding examples as a part of your application submission.
Specific Duties/Job Requirements:
- Creating animations both in-engine (UE4) and within 3D tools (Maya, 3DSMax)
- Adhering to current work processes and setting up new workflows for art production
- Supporting other artists and software engineers in the 3D art pipeline
- Porting finished art to the game engine
- Working within the limits of the game engine, file sizes, polygon counts, and loading speeds
- Enforcing standards as outlined by heads of the art and software teams
- Optimizing virtual environments
- Three to five years of professional experience as a 3D artist and/or animator
- Experience in 3D asset creation:
- High- and low-poly modeling
- Hard surface modeling
- UV unwrapping
- Experience with relevant tools, including Adobe Creative Cloud (CC), 3DS Max, Maya, and UE4
- Solid understanding of art and animation pipelines, especially using UE4 Animation Blueprints
- Familiar with rigging and animation
- High-level artistic skills (i.e., proportion, color, and composition)
- Creative mindset and ability to overcome technical challenges
- Familiarity with game systems and the game development process
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Any of the following experience is a plus:
- Experience with the training and simulation game art pipeline
- Experience with virtual lighting, rendering, and post-effects
- Experience in shader development and/or manipulation
A Harold + Associates, LLC provides products/services that are considered defense services under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and, therefore, requires applicants to be U.S. Citizens, Permanent Resident Aliens, or protected individuals under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) (including refugees or asylees). Offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment background verification (including E-Verify).
An Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer
EOE, including disability/veterans
If you are a Qualified Individual with a Disability, or a Disabled Veteran, and require assistance in making your application, please contact HR at 904-337-1211.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!