3D Technical Artist
Are you a 3D Technical Artist with computer vision and simulation expertise who cares deeply about the experiences you create and the people you make them with? Do you take action and are energized by learning from bold experimentation at an agile pace? If so, we want to hear from you! Come join our expanding data team to direct our data collection, storage, filtering, processing, labeling, and investigation to meet the needs of our perception team. You will also oversee simulation capabilities for synthetic data generation and play a key role in developing computer vision solutions for deployment on production grade hardware in Mining, Agriculture, and other industries supported by the Hexagon portfolio of companies.
You will work with a simulation environment to generate realistic synthetic data intended for training and optimize the algorithms developed by our perception team. Your main focus will be creating and integrating assets within the simulation environment as well as guiding the expansion and improvement of the simulation activities, setting the team on the right foundation when it becomes time to scale up.
Hexagon is a global leader in digital reality solutions, combining sensor, software and autonomous technologies. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, quality and safety across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, public sector and mobility applications. You’ll be joining over 22,000 people in 50 countries on the leading edge of your field.
This position is with Hexagon’s Autonomy & Positioning division, a global technology leader, pioneering end-to-end solutions industry leaders rely on for assured positioning and autonomy on land, sea and air. Our work touches every aspect of life, from sustainability on Earth to enabling autonomy. Within the Autonomy & Positioning division your work will contribute to the operation of our brand AutonomouStuff.
Hexagon is a global company with locations around the world. This position is US Midwest Home Based.
3D Technical Artist
, you will:
- Create assets at the highest standards of visual fidelity to be used in our environments making them flexible, variable, and photorealistic
- Conceptualize, create, and finish in-engine assets on your own or with guidance from the perception team
- Utilize models to create both procedural and real-world geometries for use during simulation
- Integrate art content into the simulation engine
- Create tools to improve the daily workflow
- Work with task tracking tools such as JIRA and Confluence and update tasks regularly. Engage with the larger team to enable other members to make efficient/effective use of the generated data
- Report project status to technical leadership as needed
- Keep updated and easy to follow documentation of completed work
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Graphic Art, or a related field
- Outstanding experience with a Game Engine, ideally Unity (+5-7 years minimum) including the animation system, animation retargeting, and the asset import pipeline
- Adept in scripting with C# within the Unity environment
- Working experience in Unreal Engine or Unity
- Adept in Python scripting for Maya, 3ds Max, etc. for artist workflow tools and general content pipelines
- Expertise with a 3D modeling tool (Maya, 3ds Max, Blender) and a sculpting tool (Zbrush, Mudbox)
- Experience in Computer Vision (especially regarding fisheye and other camera models)
- Strong art skills with experience and an understanding of topics such as 3D graphics, vfx, modeling, compositing, shaders, texturing, & lighting for games or simulation environments
Key Success Factors:
- Exceptional communication and cross discipline team work skills
- High levels of self-organization and capable of multi-tasking
- Self-starter and motivated
- Flexibility to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- Experience in 3D art or tech (rendering) background in games or simulation environments
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Graphic Art, or a related field
- Proven experience in game development (or equivalent visual effects fields) with multiple shipped titles (video game or interactive media)
- Strong C++ coding experience
- Excellent experience working on AWS and similar cloud computing platforms and services
- Background with Unix/Linux operating systems and scripting
- Knowledge working successfully with art outsourcing
- Experience with AI and Machine Learning
- Involved with computer vision algorithms (object detection, object tracking, semantic segmentation, SLAM, Stereo Vision etc.)
- Experience with autonomous driving or ADAS
We strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
Click on the links below to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
EEO Know Your Rights
EEO Employee Rights
EEO Pay Transparency
Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact Human Resources for assistance at (309) 291- 0966.
We are an E-verify participating employer. Click on the links below for more information about E-Verify and your right to work.
E-Verify Right to Work
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!