We’re looking for a Character Concept Artist to join Roll7 on a nine-month fixed term contract. Roll7 create exciting and critically acclaimed video games – including the BAFTA-winning Rollerdrome.
As a Character Concept Artist at Roll7 you’ll be taking on a hands-on role, working directly with the Art Lead and Creative Director to help realise and develop a visual language that is influenced by comic books and cartoons. They’re creating a weird, imaginative, and unusual world and you’ll be one of the first people setting the tone and style in the artistic process.
For this role you’ll benefit greatly from having a quirky imagination, allowing you to work with art and narrative teams to create concepts of characters, environments, and VFX all of which will contribute to a unique and interesting game world.
Innovation, freedom, and a real sense of fun are at the heart of everything Roll7 do, from creating award-winning original IPs to the everyday business of running their unique distributed workplace set-up. With a current headcount of 50+ they are growing and growing fast. They need great talent to help on their journey to build a remarkable studio and help shape the way video games are made in the industry.
- Creating character and environment concepts from reference, narrative docs, and your brain!
- Developing working drawings for artists, including turnarounds, detailed breakdowns and paintovers of greybox environments
- Creating and developing hero art, marketing art and other images alongside the 2D artists and marketing team
- Work with Art leads to develop in-game brands and cosmetic items
- Collaborating with VFX artist and animators to concept VFX and character movements
- Developing colour palettes for use by the Environment Art team
- Working with Creative Director and Lead art to develop storyboards and other assets for cutscenes, intros and trailers
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the roll…
- Strong character and environment concepting (primarily character)
- Demonstrable experience of creating comic/cartoon/anime/graphic novel style work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt and refine style as the project develops more
- Willing to be in the office on the last Tuesday of the month (travel expenses paid)
Perks and benefits include…
- Flexible working hours
- Discretionary bonus
- Employee stock purchase scheme
- A double matching pension policy
- Private healthcare and dental with Bupa
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Personal Accident Cover
- Death in service insurance and income protection
- Flu vouchers, eye tests and vouchers towards glasses
- Fitness reimbursement benefit
- Level Up well-being platform
- Fully paid membership to Headspace
- Regular meditation and yoga sessions
- Fortnightly studio days with free lunch, snacks, beers/refreshments – and activities in the evening for those who want to partake
- Studio away days and retreats, studio celebrations and parties
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!