Lead Technical Artist (Remote Options)
Rebellion – Warwick, UK
Are you an experienced Lead Technical Artist looking for a new opportunity where you can make a real impact?
Rebellion are on the lookout for a Lead Technical Artist to join their growing Art Team, working on a variety of current and upcoming unannounced titles.
For 30 years, Rebellion has been creating incredible video games at their multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. They have their own film and mo-cap studio, they create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
Rebellion operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to Rebellion, and they want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. So, if you are based in the UK, they are always open to discussing how they can support remote and/or Hybrid working options.
As a Lead Technical Artist, you will be working on exciting AAA projects within an experienced team with a proven record of delivering quality products. This is a hands-on role that has a real tangible impact on their games and how they develop them. You will be directing and delivering creative solutions to support the wider art team. Working with the art, code, and wider tech teams, you’ll be planning and constructing technical art features to be used in their wide range of projects across their studios.
As a Lead Technical Artist you will…
- Collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders across the business to balance the creative vision of projects with production realities
- Develop high-quality 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with a focus on usability and efficiency
- Provide hands-on support for Artist and Programmers regarding asset performance and validation
- Review creative processes and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Work with PBR pipeline and advance game engine tools
Be an active mentor and role model for the art team
For this role, you will need…
- Professional experience in a comparable role having delivered at least one title through a full development cycle
- Proficiency with C++, Python, and Houdini
- Expertise with 3D Studio Max or Maya
- Extensive experience using with Zbrush or Mudbox
- A background with modelling processes, hi-res sculpting, baking textures and material shaders setup in realtime render engine
- Experience with Photoshop or other 2D packages
Ability to work on unusually complex problems and provide solutions which are highly creative
Just some of the benefits of working with Rebellion include…
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years, 1 day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies, and social events!
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Liam at +44 (0)1709 834 777 now or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!