Rebellion are on the lookout for a Lead Technical Artist to join their growing Art team, and work on a variety of projects, both current and upcoming!
As a Lead Technical Artist, you will be working on exciting AAA projects within an experienced team with a proven record of delivering quality products.
This is a hands-on role that has a real tangible impact on Rebellion’s games and how they develop them as you direct and deliver creative solutions to support the wider art team. Working with the art, code, and wider tech teams, you’ll be planning and constructing technical art features to be used in their wide range of projects across their studios.
- Collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders across the business to balance the creative vision of projects with production realities
- Develop high-quality 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with a focus on usability and efficiency
- Provide hands-on support for Artist and Programmers regarding asset performance and validation
- Review creative processes and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Work with PBR pipeline and advance game engine tools
Be an active mentor and role model for the art team
The Skills And Experience You’ll Bring To The Role…
- Industry experience in a comparable role plus delivery of at least one title through a full development cycle
- Proficiency with C++, Python, and Houdini
- Expertise with 3D Studio Max or Maya
- Extensive experience using with Zbrush or Mudbox
- A background with modelling processes, hi-res sculpting, baking textures and material shaders setup in realtime render engine
- Experience with Photoshop or other 2D packages
Ability to work on unusually complex problems and provide solutions which are highly creative
Perks And Benefits Include…
- Private medical insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and vision
- Life assurance, income protection, and critical illness cover
- Enhanced family leave
- Interest free, tax-free loans
- Enhanced pension scheme
EAP a range of mental health and wellbeing support
At Rebellion you’ll become part of an extraordinary team that values your creativity, expertise, and dedication. Work-life balance is important to Rebellion, and they are open to discussing remote and hybrid working options if you’re based in the UK.
For over 30 years, they’ve been creating incredible video games at their multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. They have their own film and mo-cap studio, create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels like the legendary Judge Dredd.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!