We are supporting Uplift Games as they look for a Senior Character Artist to join their small team with a huge community.
As a Senior Character Artist at the studio, you will create 3D/2D artwork and have a good knowledge of games development. You will work closely with other team members and departments, ensuring ideas are professionally presented and realised in-game.
- Model and texture high quality 3D Character assets
- Concept creative ideas for new in-game Characters that fits into wider product goals and themes
- Work alongside existing 3D artists to push the limits of the Roblox platform in innovative ways
- Help improve workflows, techniques, and content pipelines to help you and other artists create better art
- Ensure all assets are beautiful, fit within established art style, and have an acceptable level of performance across PC, Mobile, and Console platforms
- Implement your assets into the in-game environments to create seamless and immersive play experiences
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 5 or more years experience as a 3D Character artist within the games industry, or a similar industry
- Skilled in C4D, Blender, Maya, or your preferred equivalent
- Experience with Substance and Photoshop
- Ability to produce quality work in both high and low poly art styles
- Ability to filter feedback in a non-reactionary way that takes into account multiple perspectives.
- Excellent communication skills, able to form positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Excel in small teams and self-managed environments
- Value diversity and talented individuals from marginalised groups
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience working with Roblox Studio
- Previous experience in Z-Brush or sculpting software equivalent
- Bachelors of Art or equivalent qualification
- Experience working in a distributed/remote team
- Experience working on a free-to-play service-based game
Skilled at sketching, and other 2D art skills
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!