Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to these questions and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January to June 2023. Amazon Robotics co-op opportunities will be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
In this role you will work closely with simulation engineers building virtual robotic worlds. You will bring these worlds to life while applying technologies such as Unity and Blender. You will be responsible for creating levels and art assets (2D and 3D) for a real-time graphics application. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on and apply!
Current projects underway in hardware and software include autonomous movement and mobility, artificial intelligence and machine learning, manipulation, simulation, robotic management software, predictive analytics, and much more.
Responsibilities Of The Technical Artist Co-op May Include
- Liaising between heads of programming and design teams
- Researching and developing technical tools for a project
- Setting up workflows of art production
- Supporting artists and engineers in the 3D art pipeline
- Assisting in asset performance and validation
- Solving complex technical issues during development
- Deciding on what software and tools are required for Digital Twin production
- Developing and maintaining resources and pipelines along with programmers
- Maintaining technical documentation
- Enrolled in a degree program in Computer Science, Visual Effects, Graphic Art, Animation, or related field with at least one semester of school left after completion of co-op.
- Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week) 6-month co-op between January to June 2023.
- Substance Designer or substance painter
- Experience with Maya, Houdini or Blender
- Experience with Real-Time Photoreal shaders in any Game Engine
Good Understanding of PBR and MDL (Material Definition Language)
- NVIDIA Omniverse Kit and other Omniverse Apps
- C++, C#, Java
- Substance Designer
- 3D Studio Max
- Familiarity with Revit, AutoCAD and Solidworks
- Experience with USD based pipelines/workflows
- Experience with 3D Scanning or Photogrammetry
- Good Understanding of PBR and MDL (Material Definition Language)
Portfolio of previous work a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $31.15/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $78.37/hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
– Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A2333802
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!