Amiqus is working with one of the top Indie Developers on the planet as they look to develop their latest PC & Console title in UE5. The studio is seeking an accomplished Lead 3D character artist to work on their latest game building on the award-winning success of previous games. The ideal candidate will have a passion for character design and creation. The character lead is an individual contributor role responsible for creating and maintaining the character and creature art pipeline on the game in addition to creating high value assets for the project.
This is a remote position on a fully remote team.
- Collaborate closely with concept artists and other members of the art team to create characters and creatures for our games.
- Work with technical artists and animators to define our character pipelines and workflows.
- Assist production and the art lead with scoping character assets for the project.
- Assist with the integration of art assets into the game.
- Work with the art director to provide feedback to outsource partners on character assets when needed.
- 5+ years’ experience as a 3D artist in the games industry with a minimum of one shipped title.
- High level of proficiency with Max, Maya or Blender, Z-Brush, and Substance Painter.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong traditional drawing/painting or sculpting skills including a solid understanding of human anatomy.
- Self-motivated, highly organized and self-managing individual comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Desire to contribute creatively to the development of our games outside of art.
- Experience managing and directing outsource partners.
- Experience working on “character creator” features in games.
- Experience with Unreal engine.
- Experience with multiplatform development including console.
- Experience with other art disciplines is a plus (animation, rigging, VFX).
If the above sounds like it could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for then get in touch. For a casual chat about the role in more detail call me on 01925 839 722 or drop me an email on email@example.com I look forwards to hearing from you.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!