TransPerfect Gaming Solutions North America is looking for game industry experienced
to work with us to create high-quality 3D assets for external vendors. We are responsible for creating art assets for some of the biggest AAA titles all the way down to small independent development teams. We are looking for someone who can work from 2D concept art to create high-quality, AAA-level art while still taking optimization and performance into account. This artist will work directly with the art director to integrate client feedback, as well as to communicate potential issues and solutions, as they arise. Their goal will be to create the best gaming assets possible, going above and beyond to make sure clients are happy with our services. If you have a passion for excellence, are an experienced Character Artist, and want to help make games better, you may be a good fit for our team.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, relevant experience
· A strong portfolio demonstrating excellent video game-ready art assets created to a high quality
· A portfolio including, but not limited to, characters, creatures, monsters, armor, and potentially weapons and props
· Able to work in a variety of styles, including photorealistic and more simplified, cartoon-like style
· Excellent understanding of anatomy, bodily proportions, muscles, and skeleton
· Minimum of 3 years as a character artist on Mobile, PC, or Console entertainment applications or games
· Employ cutting-edge 3D graphics techniques including high poly modeling (Maya, Max, Blender, etc.), sculpting (ZBrush, Mudbox, Blender, 3D Coat, Maya, etc.), baking normal and displacement maps from high-poly to game-res meshes, shader manipulation, modular construction and assembly techniques, including knowledge of baked and dynamic lighting models
· Create textures using Photoshop and Substance Painter/Designer
· Work directly with the art director to integrate client feedback and meet specifications, whether style, feel, optimization, etc.
· Deliver work of a high standard while maintaining quality when working within tight deadlines
· Partner with Engineering and Production to thoroughly understand features, timelines, and expectations, ensuring the best quality assets
· Proactively identify and call out risks to production schedules, optimization, or quality
· Experience working on MOBA titles
· Experience creating character skins and weapons for existing IPs
· Experience working remotely is a plus
· Experience with Atlassian Suite
· Rigging or technical art skills are a big plus
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!