Argus is an MMO game developer and publisher built around a collective of hackers and designers in pursuit of the next great paradigm shift in the video game industry.
As an applied research lab with an integrated game studio/publisher, we are uniquely positioned to lead the way. We build our own games that are native to our infrastructure. This allows us to fully understand and utilize the capabilities of our platform, resulting in novel game designs built around the platform’s unique power and quirks.
Backed by the best
We recently raised $10 million in seed funding led by Haun Ventures ($1.5B crypto fund founded by ex-a16z GP Katie Haun) with participation from angels in tech and gaming such as Elad Gil, Balaji Srinivasan, Kevin Aluwi, Siqi Chen, etc.
Argus in the news
Read more about who we are at https://argus.gg
- Create concept art for characters, props, vehicles, and environments in the stylized aesthetic.
- Develop initial concepts and iterate on these designs according to feedback from the art director and design team.
- Work closely with the art team to ensure visual designs communicate the desired functionality and mood.
- Participate in brainstorming and ideation sessions, contributing high-level design ideas.
- Understand and design within the unique aesthetic and lore of our game universe.
- Help define and maintain the artistic style guide, ensuring consistent and high-quality visuals.
- Collaborate with 3D artists to successfully transition concepts into final game assets.
- Degree in Art, Design, Animation, relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a 2D concept artist in the video game or animation industry.
- Exceptional portfolio showcasing original art and concept designs, mainly with a wide range of stylized art.
- Proficient in Photoshop and other industry-standard design tools
- Proficient in digital painting.
- Strong understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding illustration and design.
- Knowledge of the video game development process and roles of different disciplines within the development team.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to take and give constructive feedback.
- Ability to work in a variety of styles and to adapt to different art directions.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment and be open to direction.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with 3D art tools such as Maya, etc.
- Experience working on the complete production cycle in a game studio setting.
- Familiarity with game design documentation and game design principles.
- Experience in leading or mentoring junior artists.
- Passion for video games.
Perks & benefits
For full-time employees
- A note for the game industry veterans: no crunch 🙂
- Flexible PTO (2 weeks required) + holidays
- 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance (US)
- 401k (US)
- $1500 desk set-up stipend
- Company retreats
We’re an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!