Argus is an MMO game developer and publisher built around a collective of hackers and designers in pursuit of the next great paradigm shift in the video game industry.
As an applied research lab with an integrated game studio/publisher, we are uniquely positioned to lead the way. We build our own games that are native to our infrastructure. This allows us to fully understand and utilize the capabilities of our platform, resulting in novel game designs built around the platform’s unique power and quirks.
Backed by the best
We recently raised $10 million in seed funding led by Haun Ventures ($1.5B crypto fund founded by ex-a16z GP Katie Haun) with participation from angels in tech and gaming such as Elad Gil, Balaji Srinivasan, Kevin Aluwi, Siqi Chen, etc.
Argus in the news
Read more about who we are at https://argus.gg
- Create high-quality, stylized, game-ready 3D assets, including characters, props, vehicles, and environments.
- Collaborate with the design team to create assets consistent with the game’s defined aesthetic.
- Ensure all 3D assets meet technical and aesthetic specifications for the game.
- Participate in design meetings and provide constructive feedback.
- Review and implement feedback from art leads and game directors promptly and effectively.
- Assist with R&D of new techniques to improve the quality, efficiency, and workflow of the art team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Design, Animation, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in 3D game art asset creation.
- Expertise in creating stylized 3D game assets using software such as Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, or equivalent.
- Solid understanding of lighting, shading, texturing, and rendering techniques.
- Comprehensive understanding of game development pipeline and workflow in Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Strong portfolio showcasing a wide range of 3D art, including characters, environments, vehicles, and props.
- Knowledge of traditional art principles, including form, color, composition, and anatomy.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to uphold and deliver work at the highest quality standards.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in using procedural generation tools for creating environments.
- Proficiency in shader creation and optimization.
- Familiarity with performance optimization of 3D assets.
- Experience in leading or mentoring junior artists.
- Passion for video games.
Perks & benefits
For full-time employees
- A note for the game industry veterans: no crunch 🙂
- Flexible PTO (2 weeks required) + holidays
- 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance (US)
- 401k (US)
- $1500 desk set-up stipend
- Company retreats
We’re an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!