At Lively, we pride ourselves on making games full of character. The world is fun and silly and sad and infuriating and banal and beautiful and ugly, and all of those things have a place in our games. Across the Electric Square group, 4 studios, many projects, 230 people (and studio dogs (and cats)), we offer you a comfortable and comforting studio culture that we hope can make you feel empowered and inspired.
Lively hunger for difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, products, and community. Lively is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We provide a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in; we are not idle – we always strive to do better for our employees.
We are searching for a talented and experienced 2D/3D General Artist to join our team to work on a range of fun and exciting projects that leverage your abilities to produce excellent artwork, whether it be 3D assets or 2D elements.
A 2D/3D Generalist Artist at Lively:
- Reports to the Lead Artist or Team lead for a given project.
- Makes a significant direct contribution to the creation of world or UI art based on concept art and/or photo reference, level design and lighting.
- Works closely with the Art Lead to establish and adhere to the aesthetic and technical standards for the art assets on the projects.
- Contributes to level design and work with the level design team on all aspects of gameplay relating to the game environments.
- Oversees and supports the external management and integration of outsourced content.
- Problem solves and consistently presents sound solutions to technical issues related to the creation of real-time game environments, props or other 3D assets.
- Proactively assists in defining art pipelines and best practices against industry benchmarks.
- Ideally, a First in Fine Art, Computer Animation, Digital Media Design or a relevant degree.
- An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of ability and traditional drawing skills.
- Solid understanding of content creation and texturing tools, 2D/3D art packages: Photoshop, Maya/Max, Substance Painter/Designer, Z-Brush and Unity3d
- Ability and understanding of production techniques such as high-low poly baking, modular asset creation, physically based rendering, Knowledge of Unity 3d particles, environment animation, sculpting, prototype, texture and light beautiful and immersive stylised worlds. Level creation experience and rendering
- A good sense of composition and eye for detail, colour and lighting
- A generalist creative and technical skillset that reaches beyond the remit of world art.
- Demonstrable time management, organisational and communication skills is a must.
- Enthusiastic team player, positive and outgoing personality
- A passion for pushing visual quality and production techniques, video games, art and a commitment to personal development.
- A creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
When you join Lively, you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether it’s participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked at one of Leamington Spa’s incredible eateries. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
- Holidays – 25 days’ annual leave entitlement including studio closure over the Christmas period plus all UK bank holidays
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays – An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Electric Square, up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement.
- Generous Team Project Bonuses
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by AXA PPP Private Healthcare.
- Group Income Protection
- Health and Well-being Allowance – £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga and a lovely massage. It’s on us!
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice cycle purchase scheme with tax savings through Evans Cycles.
- Tech Scheme – Over 5000 products available from to buy over 12 or 24 month payment terms, saving up to 12% on National Insurance.
- Electra’s Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
- Free soft drinks to keep you refreshed throughout the day. Remember your sugar intake, though, folks!
- Free Electric Square Monthly Friday Team Lunch – Monthly Friday lunches have become a way of life here at ES. It’s a wonderful way to sit and enjoy a bit of food and drink together as a team outside of the day to day at the studio.
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Electric Square personal trainer.
- Fast Growing Studio – We’re only getting bigger, so there’s plenty of room for career advancement.
- Industry Conferences Budget – Many of our employees benefit every year from attending conferences such as GDC in San Francisco, Siggraph, E3, Unite, Unreal Fest Europe and more.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Free Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console!
- Free Awesome Swag – Amazingly designed Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the now iconic Electra emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season.
- Dogs with Jobs – Electric Square is a dog friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
- Exhibitions & Days Out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get you everyone out seeing what’s going on.
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Social Events – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!