Our Client, a top video game development studio, is looking to have a Character Artist join their team on a remote basis. The opportunity is an 18 month contract.
This is a great opportunity to work on a well-known AAA franchise and the team itself has a lot of control over the project, design all of the non-core aspects of the games (outside of running and shooting) and lots of challenging technical pieces!
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated Hard Surface Artist. Working on a AAA console title, you will work with a team of highly experienced artists to model and texture vehicles, weapons and robots from supplied concept art. High quality modeling, sculpting, and texturing skills are required.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Make a daily contribution to the creation of vehicle/weapon/robot art.
• Be proactive about seeking feedback and communication with the Hard Surface Lead and Art Director.
• Adhere to the Hard Surface modeling quality bar set by the Art Director and Hard Surface Lead.
• Work with the Hard Surface Art team to achieve key milestones and deliverables.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Must have 3+ years of experience in video games.
• Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
• Good awareness of real time graphics issues.
• Strong aptitude in hard surface modeling, such as weapons, vehicles, and inorganic assets.
• Strong understanding of optimized meshes to maximize the high to low poly workflow.
• Ability to work well under deadlines; self-motivated, and work well in a collaborative environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in 2D and 3D applications like Maya, 3D Max, Mudbox, Zbrush, Adobe Photoshop. Proficiency in Substance Painter is a must.
• Fusion 360 experience is a must.
• Unreal Engine or other games engine experience a plus.
NOTE: portfolio review is mandatory. All applicant must have a link to portfolio shared in resume.
You can send CV with link to portfolio directly to: email@example.com
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!