Art at Atomhawk Canada
We are driven by a burning passion to learn, grow, and deliver the most creative and engaging art and design possible, utilizing the latest tools and technologies to maximize our efficiency and deliver stunning results for our clients across every stage of a project. We live and breathe every aspect of the craft together, and we are there to support and encourage each other to ensure everyone regularly reaches new heights in their capabilities and contributions to the team.
HIRING MANAGER TO COMPLETE THE BLUE SECTION
An IntermediateConcept Artist at Atomhawk Canada is a talented and passionate artist capable of producing high quality art and design with some guidance from more experienced artists on the team. Your strong artistic foundation and proven capability of being able to deliver quality creative work will be key to your success in the role.You ’ll continue to gain confidence in your abilities, while at the same time be open to learning with the rest of the team. You will have the opportunity to share your skills and experience through collaboration and contribute to a positive and nurturing environment for all members of the team.As an intermediate artist, you will contribute to the quality, consistency and expectations of artwork created for our clients.
As an Intermediate Concept Artist at Atomhawk Canada, you will:
- With guidance from more senior artists, produce AAA quality artwork across a variety of different genres and styles andcontinue togrow your skills as a developing Hawk.
- Collaborate with all levels of artists on the team and exemplify the Hawk values of honesty & accountability.
- Participate in art review sessions, developing skills in providing and receiving feedback for yourself and fellow artists.
- Learn how to engagewith clients on calls to review/discuss project progress, showing a deep understanding of their creative needs, expectations, and timelines.
- Be accountable and respectful of your project quality and delivery schedules, as defined by Production, Lead/Principalartists and yourself.
- Work with art leadership to periodically assess our art creation methodologies, assess new tools/technologies and industry trends that may help to boost our quality and efficiency.
Advocate for creative exploration and problem solving in your work.
What You Bring
- A portfolio that reflects your passion and enthusiasm for creating stunning pieces of game art.
- A growing skillset and solid fundamental art principles while also progressing with other genres and art styles.
- Open to learn and adopt new workflows that allow you to maximize your time and consistently deliver compelling work to both quality and budget.
- Solid experience of 2D tools to produce AAA artwork and developing expertise in 3D tools to optimize and improve your artistic workflow.
- Experience in collaborative art teams with a focus on positive and supportive communication.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced creative environment.
- An open mind to continue learning, challenging your own and the teams’ knowledge and expertise.
No ego, just confidence in your abilities as an intermediate concept artist!
You May Also Bring
- Experience working directly with clients in the creation of AAA concept art.
- An educational background in design/art that serves as a foundation for your work.
- Experience/skill in designing and producing art outside of environments (characters, props, weapons, vehicles, etc.).
- Experience in producing art using game engine technology (e.g., Unreal Engine 5).
Experience in utilizing 3D tools as part of your workflow.
Atomhawk produces the very best in cutting-edge creative conceptualisation, visualisation, and realisation. Our client list includes major names – Warner Bros, Sony, Microsoft, SEGA, Activision, 2K, EPIC, The Pokémon Company and Blizzard all feature. And we like variety. Every project is different from the last. The spectrum covers gritty, hard-hitting
, irreverent and stylised
Surgeon Simulator 2
, comic book superheroes, nostalgic childhood favourites and all things in between. Whichever franchise is on today’s agenda –
DC, Halo, Marvel, Mortal Kombat and Warhammer
– we move through their worlds with ease and creative curiosity.
The work our team produces is world-class. We’ve celebrated that fact in three artbooks. Each one features concept art, tutorials and professional tips. Volume 3 was created to mark the studio’s 10th anniversary, and was displayed and sold at the Great North Museum: Hancock in Newcastle, where we held the exhibition Other Worlds: The Art of Atomhawk in 2020. You can
take a virtual tour of the exhibition
Our output hasn’t gone unnoticed. We received
Best Companies’ 3 Star Accreditation 2021
Top Companies North East 2021
. We hold the
Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade
, as well as the
TIGA Star Award 2021
. We were also named
Best Art/Animation/Trailer Supplier at the 2021 Develop Star Awards
Creativity thrives through diversity, not conformity. Every Atomhawk applicant and employee is afforded space and freedom to be their true self, with no fear of prejudice or persecution. During the application process, you won’t be judged on your name, your gender, your sexuality, your ethnicity, your age, your religion, or any other factor unrelated to your ability to do the job.
What You’ll Gain
Atomhawk Canada aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
- Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short/long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
- Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
- Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth & Reconciliation
- Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
- One year gaming subscription
- My Pathway – a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Atomhawk
- 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
A values driven culture wit direct access to leadership and industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Atomhawk Canada’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Atomhawk Canadais located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Atomhawk Canada but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Atomhawk Canada is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing – in this world and the ones we create!
At Atomhawk Canada, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our general application inbox through our Get In Touch page, or follow Atomhawk on LinkedIn to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!