2D and 3D skills are highly desirable for this position.
Atomhawk is looking for a talented, experienced, and passionate Lead Environment Concept Artist to join our team in the beautiful city of Vancouver, Canada!
As a Lead Environment Concept Artist at Atomhawk, you’ll spearhead a small team of talented artists on a project-by-project basis and play a key role in inspiring the art team through the creation of your own AAA quality concept artwork, and through your positive mentorship and artistic guidance of others.
What we’d love to see in your application is an eye-catching portfolio that demonstrates your ability and experience designing and developing AAA quality artwork, particularly in the genres of Realism and Sci-Fi. We want to see all of it – from initial idea-generating compositional sketches, 3D block-ins and color roughs, all the way through to your highest quality final rendered images.
Please note: This role is located in Vancouver, BC, and we are ideally looking to recruit a candidate who has the necessary visas and right to work in this location. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Atomhawk Canada but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer the right candidate assistance in immigrating/relocating.
Please download and read our portfolio guide , which provides detailed guidance on what we look for in artist portfolios. Download the guide from http://atomhawk.com/s/Atomhawk_Portfolio_Guide.pdf
As a Lead Environment Concept Artist at Atomhawk, you will:
- Lead by example in the hands-on production of AAA quality artwork across a variety of different genres and styles, inspiring others on the team to follow.
- Inspire, guide, and mentor other artists, both through your own work, and by providing artistic feedback/direction on theirs when required.
- Engage with clients on calls to review/discuss project progress, showing a deep understanding of their creative needs, expectations, and timelines.
- Work with production to define strong plans for your projects and processes, ensuring they are set up for success and result in the delivery of AAA art.
- Support the recruitment of additional high-quality artistic talent for the studio.
Work with art leadership to periodically assess our art creation methodologies and assess new tools/technologies that may help to boost our quality and efficiency.
What You Bring
- A passion, determination, and proven track record of being able to produce stunning AAA environment artwork.
- The ability to produce compelling environment art for Realistic / Sci-Fi properties while also displaying some agility in other genres and art styles.
- Highly efficient workflows that allow you to maximize your time and consistently deliver compelling work to both quality and budget.
- An expert ability in the use of both 2D and 3D tools to produce AAA artwork.
- Experience mentoring and guiding other artists in a supportive, positive way.
- Experience working directly with clients in the creation of AAA concept art.
The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced creative environment.
You Might Also Bring
- An educational background in design/art that serves as a foundation for your work.
- Experience/skill in designing and producing art outside of environments (characters, props, weapons, vehicles, etc.).
Experience in producing art using game engine technology (e.g., Unreal Engine 5).
Atomhawk produces the very best in cutting-edge creative conceptualisation, visualisation, and realisation. Our client list includes major names – Warner Bros, Sony, Microsoft, SEGA, Activision, 2K, EPIC, The Pokémon Company and Blizzard all feature. And we like variety. Every project is different from the last. The spectrum covers gritty, hard-hitting
, irreverent and stylised
Surgeon Simulator 2
, comic book superheroes, nostalgic childhood favourites and all things in between. Whichever franchise is on today’s agenda –
DC, Halo, Marvel, Mortal Kombat and Warhammer
– we move through their worlds with ease and creative curiosity.
The work our team produces is world-class. We’ve celebrated that fact in three artbooks. Each one features concept art, tutorials and professional tips. Volume 3 was created to mark the studio’s 10th anniversary, and was displayed and sold at the Great North Museum: Hancock in Newcastle, where we held the exhibition Other Worlds: The Art of Atomhawk in 2020. You can
take a virtual tour of the exhibition
Our output hasn’t gone unnoticed. We received
Best Companies’ 3 Star Accreditation 2021
Top Companies North East 2021
. We hold the
Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade
, as well as the
TIGA Star Award 2021
. We were also named
Best Art/Animation/Trailer Supplier at the 2021 Develop Star Awards
Creativity thrives through diversity, not conformity. Every Atomhawk applicant and employee is afforded space and freedom to be their true self, with no fear of prejudice or persecution. During the application process, you won’t be judged on your name, your gender, your sexuality, your ethnicity, your age, your religion, or any other factor unrelated to your ability to do the job.
What You’ll Gain
Atomhawk Canada aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
- Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short/long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
- Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
- Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth & Reconciliation
- Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
- One year gaming subscription
- My Pathway – a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Atomhawk
- 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
A values driven culture wit direct access to leadership and industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Atomhawk Canada’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Atomhawk Canadais located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Atomhawk Canada but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Atomhawk Canada is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing – in this world and the ones we create!
At Atomhawk Canada, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our general application inbox through our Get In Touch page, or follow Atomhawk on LinkedIn to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!