Principal Technical Artist
At BLNG, we empower individuals to design personalized jewelry products. Combining generative AI with creative expression, we help people bring their unique visions to life. Our mission is to provide a transformative experience that allows everyone to explore their creativity, create meaningful connections with their jewelry, and celebrate their individuality. Join us as we unlock the potential of AI-driven design and shape the future of personalized jewelry.
About the role
BLNG is looking for an experienced Principal Technical Artist to work on features leveraging advancements in artificial intelligence, procedural design and animation to provide seamless and immersive design experiences. The ideal candidate is responsible for designing high-quality models, animations, and simulations for synthetic data. The right person for this job will possess a strong desire to build upon their knowledge to shape our industry-leading solutions in the jewelry design industry.
We’re seeking highly motivated and skilled professionals with strong backgrounds in visual effects and game design. You will partner and iterate with researchers and engineers to turn new features into full-fledged products. You will manage and create the user experience using an iterative design process and move rough ideas into compelling stories and prototypes. Whether you’re in Los Angeles or remote, we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
If you are a highly skilled Houdini Artist with a passion for pushing the boundaries of visual effects, we would love to hear from you. Join our team and be part of creating extraordinary visual experiences.
Lead procedural design and synthetic data pipeline
Responsible for 3D design and animation for real-time interactions
Collaborate with engineers on delivering new features that match the BLNG standard
Contribute to research activities, brainstorming, and ideation sessions
Present work to management and other stakeholders
- 6+ years of design experience, including Visual Effects, Game Design, Product Design
- Expert Level Skills the parametric design leveraging Houdini
- Ability to think procedurally and break down the design process in tasks and components
- Solid knowledge of the next-generation rigging, and animation pipelines
- Proficient at sculpting, texture painting, material authoring, animating
- Knowledge of Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter, or Mari
- Strong organizational and file management skills with the ability to troubleshoot
- Able to follow and adapt to stylistic guidelines set by a franchise
- Experience providing direction for team & ability to collaborate across multiple projects
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivation with the ability to take and give constructive feedback
- Self-starter who produces results with little or no supervision
- Comfortable with ambiguity and intermittent requirement changes
- Experience working in a team of developers and 3d-artists
- Knowledge of Houdini PDG architecture and USD Basics with Solaris
- Strong modeling and animation skills with recent Maya releases
- Basic Python programming skills
- Experience with Mari or Substance Painter
- Unity/Unreal, or mobile game engine experience
- Experience as Tech Animator, FX Artist, or Look Development Artist in a major animation studio
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts
BFA in Visual Art and Animation, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
To apply, please email email@example.com
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!