As an Environment Artist, you will use visual storytelling to set dress areas as well as craft high-quality assets to AAA standards. You will be able to create works using existing kit modules as well as contribute to the asset banks with exceptional and well-optimised 3D models, adhering to our development guidelines.
Working closely with the Senior and Lead Environment Artists, Design Team, and Art Direction, you will ensure that all aspects of your contribution to our world look remarkable.
- Craft compelling visual narratives that reinforce and enhance the game’s setting, story and gameplay elements.
- Work closely with the Lead Environment Artist, Art Director and Senior artists to create high quality 3D environment art.
- Combine traditional art aesthetics with next-gen 3D authoring techniques to create visually compelling 3D spaces.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry tools and work with our engineers and tech artist department to bring them into our workflow.
- Create a broad range of environment assets that include architecture, nature and props from both concept and photo reference.
- Ensure assets and environments conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
- Work with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives, defined quality bar, and schedule.
- Implement final assets into the game engine – creating well composed environmental ‘best practice’ locations to serve as a visual guide for Level Design.
- Use a world editor you will populate and set dress our game world using a variety of 3D assets.
- Collaborate closely with other departments within the studio (Script, Animation, VFX etc.) to ensure project goals are met.
- Achieve a high level of artistic fidelity while maintaining engine budgets, limits, and memory constraints.
- A solid portfolio demonstrating experience in the creation of high quality, high resolution 3D assets, UV maps and textures.
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience as an env artist in the games industry with at least 1 AAA shipped title.
- Strong modelling skill and experience in a major 3d package.
- Experience with texture creation/authoring tools such as the Substance Suite.
- Experience working with a game engine (Unreal, Unity or similar).
- A strong understanding of art fundamentals.
- An appreciation for architecture and design.
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- A positive, collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh and Budapest and are happy to sponsor your relocation to one of these cities. If you apply from outside of our hiring territory, we also consider WFH candidates from the UK, Hungary, France, Poland and the Netherlands.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!