As our new Lead 3D/Prop Artist, you will help define the quality of the 3D art props and additionally build and manage a team to deliver amazing game assets. Overseeing and managing a team of talented 3D Artists, you shall – through an excellent approach to production and communication and expert hands on 3D capabilities – drive the team to produce a varied range of world class 3D objects.
You are a strong leader and a highly experienced 3D Artist capable to produce excellent 3D assets when required while managing and inspiring a team to perform above their expectations.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and the Concept Lead to define the visual quality goals for 3D content.
- Lead a team of 3D Artists in the creation of a variety of 3D content.
- Oversee the quality of 3D art content through all phases of production.
- Work with production to manage team deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives, defined quality bar, and schedule.
- Work with external studios and outsource partners to ensure the smooth delivery of high-quality assets.
- Manage, mentor and inspire team members, guiding them with clear direction.
- Be able to create high quality, high resolution 3D assets, UV maps, textures and other content matching all technical and artistic requirement.
- Iterate on 3D content with in-house and external 3D artists.
- Work with technical disciplines and engine team to improve workflow.
- Manage offsite vendor relationships as required.
- Promote a culture of collaborative innovation.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Line manager or authorized person with accountability and responsibility defined prior to the commencement of these duties.
- Extensive experience in 3D asset creation.
- A minimum of 6 years professional experience as an Artist in the games industry.
- A minimum of 2 years as a Lead Artist in the games industry.
- Expert experience with current 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent.
- Expert experience with texture creation/authoring tools such as Substance.
- A strong understanding of art fundamentals.
- Excellent communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh and Budapest and are happy to sponsor your relocation to one of these cities. If you apply from outside of our hiring territory, we also consider WFH candidates from the UK, Hungary, France, Poland and the Netherlands.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!