Working closely with the Lead 3D Artist, Design Team, and Art Direction, you will ensure that all aspects of our world look exceptional.
- Craft truly AAA quality 3D assets from scratch to game ready final assets.
- Work closely with the Lead Artist and Art Director to create high quality props.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry tools and work with our engineers and tech artist department to bring them into our workflow.
- Ensure 3D assets conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
- Work with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives, defined quality bar, and schedule.
- Inspire fellow artists
- Implement final assets into the game engine, work closely with the environment art team to make sure all the requirements are met they need.
- Collaborate closely with other departments within the studio (Script, Animation, VFX etc.) to ensure project goals are met.
- Achieve a high level of artistic fidelity while maintaining engine budgets, limits, and memory constraints.
- A solid portfolio demonstrating experience in the creation of high quality stylized 3D assets that are optimized for modern pipelines.
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience as an artist in the games industry with at least 1 shipped title.
- Strong modelling skill and experience in a major DCC package. (3dsmax, Maya, Blender)
- Experience with stylized texture creation/authoring tools such as the Substance Suite.
- Experience working with a game engine (Unreal, Unity or similar).
- Able to work independently or with minimal input.
- A strong understanding of art fundamentals.
- An appreciation for mechanical design and build functional looking assets.
- A positive, collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
Our Global Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited coaching & therapy — with Oliva, to support your mental health
- £500 annual Learning Budget — to spend on Learnerbly
- Stock Options — everyone owns a piece of our success
- Compassionate Leave — regardless of who it is, whether you’ve miscarried, or a lost a pet, you don’t need to tell us why
- Birthday Present — £150 voucher or a charity donation
- Birthday Day off — to celebrate your birthday away from work each year
- Caregiver Leave — up to 5 days each year to support your loved ones
- New baby gift — £250 toward a meal delivery or cleaning service
- Remote Working Budget – for remote workers to get out of the house
- Pension scheme — to finance those golden years
- Socials — office & remote events, play sessions and company-wide parties
- And even more benefits based on your location!
If you’re based in the UK
- 29 Annual Leave + 3 bank holidays – we’re flexible with most bank holidays so you can use the time to celebrate what’s important to you
- Long Service Days – 2 extra days added on your 2nd & 4th anniversaries with us.
- Private Medical Insurance – full cover with AXA
- Healthcare Cash Plan – Level 3 cover with Medicash
- Enhanced Family Leave – Primary caregivers; 13 weeks full pay, 13 weeks half pay, Secondary caregivers; 2 weeks full pay
- Cycle2Work Scheme – lease a bike through us and save on tax too!
- Electric Car Charging – electric car charging at our Port office in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!