We are looking for Artists who champion the character design, the game, and the final player experience in every piece they do. To breathe life into the characters that tell Bungie’s stories. To bring smiles to people’s faces as they live the games we make together. If this is the experience you are looking for, we’d love to hear from you. Be a part of our team and lets create new worlds together!
- Translate fully realized concepts or simple napkin sketches into next-gen models of characters and armor
- Author realistic, futuristic, and sometimes space magic textures for multiple shader functions for PBR, such as albedo, normal, roughness, metal, and detail maps
- Meet the quality bar established by the Art Director and Lead Artist
- Incorporate technical, artistic, basic understanding of animation, and knowledge of character design into asset creation
- Thorough understanding of human anatomy, form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Expert knowledge of 3D Max or Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush and/or Mudbox
- Ability to learn high to low poly pipelines
- Effective communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to take feedback
- Committed to create great games
- Technically proficient, able to identify and collaborate on pipeline innovations
- Experience with Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and Marvelous Designer
- Traditional art skills
- People management
Listed below is this role’s base pay range. In other locations that Bungie has approved for remote work, this pay range may be adjusted up to +/- 10% and some roles may be classified as non-exempt (hourly). This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don’t simply do meaningful work – they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits – Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
Bellevue Pay Range
$168,000 — $195,000 USD
Bungie full-time (non-contract) employees in the U.S. also receive:
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
So you don’t meet every requirement listed in this job description? Do you think your experience level is not where it needs to be? Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they believe they meet every single qualification. Bungie is focused on building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you’re interested in this position but your past experience doesn’t line up perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we want you to apply anyway. The right role for you may be right around the corner!
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!