Bungie is looking to you to help us bring Characters from concept to life in our new Unannounced Title. When you see a character concept drafted, do you immediately want to bring it to life in 3D and see it in action in game? Do you get excited when you see aesthetically functional armor designed associated to a character? Do both organic and mechanical characters excite you? Do you find yourself lost in character texture fidelity development?
As a 3D Character Artist, your responsibilities will vary from championing character design from organic to texturing, to character armor design for the game, and the final player experience in every piece they do. Utilizing 2D and 3D programs, you’ll fashion the character from concept and integrate the assets through proprietary tools to bring them to action in our game. We’re looking for someone who is excited to work on a new unconventional art style while working closely with the Art Director and Art Leads to breathe life into the characters that tell Bungie’s stories. You will partner closely with cross discipline teams to develop compelling and functional characters in-game.
If this is the experience you’re looking for, we are right there with you! It’s what drives us every day – give us a shout, we want to hear from you. Be a part of our team and let’s create bold new worlds together!
- Translate fully detailed concepts or loose sketches into next-gen models of characters
- Author textures for multiple shader functions for PBR, such as albedo, normal, roughness, metal, and detail maps
- Work closely with the Art Director and the Art Leads to align visual quality and communicate goals for 3D content expectations
- Incorporate technical, artistic, basic understanding of animation, and knowledge of character design into asset creation
- Collaborate closely with Design and Tech Art to align the artistic experience with gameplay
- Conduct frequent constructive feedback sessions in art content reviews with 3D artists
- Participate in playtests and engage in discussions on gameplay experience
- Thorough understanding of human anatomy, form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Expert knowledge of 2D and 3D programs such as Photoshop, Substance Painter, 3Ds Max or Maya, Blender, Zbrush or Mudbox
- Ability to learn and adapt to new pipelines and knowledge in content creation development cycle
- Outstanding ability to problem-solve and drive creative solutions
- Be task driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Technically proficient, able to identify and collaborate on pipeline innovations
- Experience with Substance Designer and Marvelous Designer
- Traditional art skills
- Passionate playing and working on the games you will be heavily involved with
Listed below is this role’s base pay range. In other locations that Bungie has approved for remote work, this pay range may be adjusted up to +/- 10% and some roles may be classified as non-exempt (hourly). This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don’t simply do meaningful work – they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits – Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
Washington State Pay Range
$106,000 — $129,000 USD
Bungie employees in the U.S. also receive:
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
So you don’t meet every requirement listed in this job description? Do you think your experience level is not where it needs to be? Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they believe they meet every single qualification. Bungie is focused on building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you’re interested in this position but your past experience doesn’t line up perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we want you to apply anyway. The right role for you may be right around the corner!
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!