Bungie is looking for a 3D Hard Surface Artist who will work closely with the Art Lead and Art Director on the team’s art efforts for 3D Hard Surface assets. You will support and advocate the game’s art direction and goals for the 3D Hard Surface art content we will create such as: weapons, vehicles, and props. In this role, you will be working closely with other disciplines on the team to create breathtaking and compelling content for the game.
If this role speaks to you, we are right there with you – it’s what drives us every day. Give us a shout, we want to hear from you. We are the makers of worlds, dreams, and amazing things.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and the Art Lead to align visual quality and communicate goals for 3D content expectations
- Partner with other disciplines to create 3D assets that fulfill the visual style and gameplay goals
- Advocate, inspire, and ensure that 3D assets are consistent with defined visual style for the game with other creatives
- Work closely with cross discipline teams to identify and collaborate on pipeline innovations
- Thorough understanding of weapon and equipment design, product, and industrial design
- Expert knowledge of 3D Max or Maya, Blender, Substance Painter, Photoshop, and ZBrush
- Proficient with high to low poly pipelines
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and participate in constructive critiques, giving and receiving feedback
- Outstanding ability to problem-solve and drive creative solutions
- Be task driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Understanding and interest in graphic design
- Excitement to work on and play the games you will be heavily involved with
Listed below is this role’s base pay range. In other locations that Bungie has approved for remote work, this pay range may be adjusted up to +/- 10% and some roles may be classified as non-exempt (hourly). This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don’t simply do meaningful work – they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits – Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
Washington State Pay Range
$106,000 — $129,000 USD
Bungie employees in the U.S. also receive:
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
So you don’t meet every requirement listed in this job description? Do you think your experience level is not where it needs to be? Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they believe they meet every single qualification. Bungie is focused on building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you’re interested in this position but your past experience doesn’t line up perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we want you to apply anyway. The right role for you may be right around the corner!
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!