The Studio (aka About Us)
Carbonated is a games studio founded in 2015 by industry veterans who’ve built and run some of the biggest games in the world at companies like EA, Sony and Zynga. We’re fortunate to be backed by some of the best partners in the world, including a16z, Bitkraft and Com2Us.
Our culture is based around a shared love of playing and building games as well as experimenting together. We do work extremely hard, but we’re trying to build something we can all be proud of. Ultimately, we aspire to have a company where people want to spend their entire careers. As you may have guessed, we want to bring on folks who share our key values:
- Talent (you’re a subject matter expert and amazing individual contributor!)
- Attitude (you want to win! sure, experience is important, but that’s only part of what makes a great contributor, great)
- Willingness to try new and sometimes scary things (so we can ship something we’re all proud of!)
We’re fortunate enough to be working on our dream game MadWorld, which is pioneering new methods to blend web2 & web3 gameplay, all in a real-time global pvp battler (think if The Division had a baby with Eve Online) with a few fun twists!
The Role (aka About You)
You’re excited to shape the visual world that forms the heart of our gameplay. You have a passion for all stages of the asset creation process, from concepting and design, to modeling, texturing, and integrating assets into the game engine. You thrive on collaborating closely with designers, other artists, and engineers to ensure that our game environments and characters are visually stunning and contribute to the player experience.
What You’ll Do (aka Your Day-to-day)
- Help create game assets by modeling, texturing, rendering and lighting them in engine
- Model and texture characters and environments for multiple styles of play
- Define how environmental elements interact with users and function within the world
- Collaborate with designer and engineers to create the look and feel of our products
- Give and receive constructive and creative feedback across art disciplines
Who You Are
As a 3D artist you can model anything and everything. Since we’re still growing, we need someone who can make the world, character, textures and when done, light and animate the whole scene! You might wear many hats, but at the end of the day, you’re a doer, like us.
- You’ve spent hundreds of hours honing your artistic skills – degrees are nice but portfolios speak volumes
- You’re at your best when working with others. You’re not afraid to speak up, take critique, or push for and take ownership of something you passionately believe in
- You’re someone who wants to take creative risks and enjoys solving problems
- You’re a passionate gamer yourself and understand how the aesthetic and fiction of a game can be just as impactful as the core game loop
- You enjoy playing games when you can
What’s Required (aka Ya Gotta Have This)
- You have professional experience in a game engine like Unreal, Unity or Lumberyard
- Technical proficiency in game engines to set up physics, prefabs and troubleshooting
- 2+ years of 3D modeling (low poly, high poly, normal map extraction)
- Strong sense of lighting, composition, color & layout
- Strong organic and hard surface modeling/texturing skills
- Ability to create efficient in-game geometry & textures with clean topology
- Ability to transform concept art or reference photos into a high quality 3D model
- Experience texturing in Substance Painter/Designer or similar programs
- Experience creating PBR materials
- Deep desire to improve and grow yourself and continually hone your skills
- Ability to own a project from beginning to end
- Proficient in Agile/Scrum development
- You enjoy playing games when you can
- You’ve shipped multiple games
- You possess strong scripting knowledge and/or technical experience (Python, C#, Lua)
- Experience with node based scripting
- Create high quality renders using Maya Arnold, 3DS Max, Blender cycles or Marmoset
- 3D modeling/texturing/animation/rendering in Blender or Maya
- Experience rigging and animating
- Experience with Zbrush
- Understand that there are real-time rendering constraints
- Familiarity with gameplay designs
- You like working on a small team that works fast and iterates often
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and really dig in to make something awesome
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Really? Awesome! Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com!
Carbonated is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know so we can make your visit with us as enjoyable as possible.
Powered by JazzHR
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!