Walt Disney Animation Studios has an exciting opportunity for Character Look Development Artists to join the team at our Vancouver, BC studio. Our Character Look Development Artists are responsible for creating the materials and textures that define the look of our characters. We value self-motivated artists who thrive in a collaborative environment.
Hybrid and Remote opportunities for our Vancouver Studio are specific to remote work within the province of British Columbia.
- Work closely with asset supervisors and production designers to develop the look of the characters of our animated films
- Author materials, textures, hair and fur grooms
- Bring assets to technically efficient and artistically appealing final completion
- Bachelors degree in digital art, computer graphics, or related field
- Experience with hair grooming and knowledge of garments
- 3+ years of professional experience in Character Look Development
- Ability to understand, interpret and implement highly stylized art direction
- Strong technical skills toward achieving an art-directable aesthetic
- Ability to work closely with others in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of materials and procedural geometry
- Proficiency in texturing and digital painting
- Physically-based rendering experience
- Maya experience
- Linux experience
- Understanding the production pipeline
- Shader-writing and scripting knowledge is beneficial
- Environment Look Development experience is a plus
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!