We are currently recruiting an experienced 3D modeler/texture artist to join our crew of talented artists and animators on a 6-month contract. The successful candidate will work with our team to bring creatures and animals to life in an interactive VR/MR experience.
- Work with the art team to create high quality 3D game assets
- Follow the project’s artistic direction set by the Art Director/Team Lead
- Adhere to specific pipelines and adapt to constraints while implementing and maintaining 3D game assets
- Be proactive and work closely with other teams to adapt assets to their needs
- Use good judgement and expertise to optimize the assets that are produced
- Prioritize and manage day to day tasks to ensure deliverables are completed on time, within budget and within production constraints
- Prepare and participate in asset planning including time estimates, dependencies, scheduling, etc.
- Research tools and techniques to find efficiencies and raise asset quality
- Proactively help to troubleshoot problematic assets
- Perform other related tasks to support successful delivery as needed
- 2+ years experience working as a 3D Modeler
- Extensive knowledge in subdivision-modeling polygonal objects, using Maya, Zbrush, and/or art packages
- Demonstrate a strong ability to understand and interpret 2D Designs in 3D
- The ideal candidate would have strong practical and digital sculpting skills
- Ability to communicate creatively and technically to your teammates
- Familiarity with Autodesk ShotGrid is an asset
- Strong 2D skills is an asset
At Dark Slope, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all candidates, and we recognize the importance of diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We appreciate unique perspectives that stem from diverse lived experiences. We prioritize transparency in all aspects of our operations and work to maintain an open, honest, and efficient workplace. We encourage unconventional thinking, and we are willing to accommodate your individual needs to support your success. Dark Slope is happy to work with applicants who require accommodations at any point during the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!