NOTE: This is a Hybrid Position
One of our clients in Los Angeles is looking for a Lead Product / Visual Designer with the following skills and experience:
The Lead Product Designer (3D Artist) will be responsible for creating 3D environments and illustrations that will bring our amazing parks and stories to life on our mobile apps and websites. This unique position requires a creative, talented, and motivated individual eager to lead, contribute and improve our guest’s digital experience.
To successfully execute the role, the candidate must have a proficiency in a range of skills, with an emphasis on 3D environment modeling, UV layouts, texturing, lighting, and rendering. Must be extremely efficient with 3D programs and able to deliver high quality work consistently. Must have experience designing for mobile applications or games, with insight on implementation, performance, and optimizations. Looking for someone who can quickly achieve low-res models with basic textures, before finalizing assets for production. Must be an inclusive designer, who can critically and authentically represent guest and project needs. Can take creative direction, while enhancing visual design goals and objectives. Should establish best practices, lead visual execution, and set production expectations.
As a Lead Product Designer (3D Artist), the candidate will be expected to participate in brainstorms, project kickoffs and design critiques. The candidate will work closely with the team’s Principal Designer and Management to create various in-app assets, and may provide additional content for style guides, branding, and marketing.
- Create multiple 3D assets (buildings, attractions, decorations, etc.).
- Lead and collaborate with various departments and teams to understand scope and project needs.
- Establish and expand the visual style for upcoming products to meet industry standards.
- Works closely with Principal Designer to iterate on ideas and visual styles, bring them to life in the 3D environment or illustrations.
- Works closely with Engineers to ensure assets are delivered correctly, bringing assets into product builds.
- Pitch and present visual exploration to managers, principals, and executive leadership.
- Participate in visual critiques and brainstorms.
- Export and deliver production quality assets to Tech team.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional 3D experience, working in games or other mobile applications.
- A strong portfolio showcasing a wide range of projects, models, assets, and visual storytelling in a variety of styles.
- Solid understanding of fundamental art and visual design principles and techniques regarding layout, color theory, and animation.
- Art degree or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional artistic and creative problem-solving skills
- Expert in 3D software – Maya, Zbrush, Blender, etc
- Familiar with Adobe suit
- Familiar with Unity and implementation
- Experience with Figma a plus
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Able to multi-task like a pro
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to take direction
- Good written communication skills
- Self-starter, reliable, and passionate about their work
- Eye for detail with a clear understanding of the big picture
- Team player who understands the value of regular and effective communication
Interested candidates may submit their resumes online or call at for further information regarding the position.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
If you would like to complete our voluntary self-identification form, please or copy and paste the following link into an open window in your browser: ;/p>
Completion of this form is voluntary and will not affect your opportunity for employment, or the terms or conditions of your employment. This form will be used for reporting purposes only and will be kept separate from all other records.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies’ dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers’ technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting .
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future
Hybrid-Lead Product / Visual Designer
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!