DigitalFish has an immediate need for a
Senior Software Engineer
with experience using modern C++ and Qt to develop beautiful software tools for creative professionals.
At DigitalFish, you will join a widely respected team enabling the future of digital-media creation and consumption for millions of users. DigitalFish has long been a trusted partner of leading digital media companies, and we are at the center of their efforts to build a new generation of platforms and experiences. Today we are launching software products of our own. Come help us!
Ideal candidates will have 7+ years relevant work experience, but if you think you’re right for this position, contact us; we’ll listen.
What You’ll Do
- Lead development of the Qt version of a not-yet-released, multi-platform (Qt on Windows + Linux, native APIs on macOS and iPad) application targeting a broad base of creative users
- Work strategically within the constraints of modern Qt to create a highly usable, responsive and beautiful GUI that creative users will love
- Support development of next-generation user-interaction technologies on current and emerging hardware
- Design, develop, test and support the deployment of new software components and systems
- Work closely with other experts in animation technology, 2D and 3D graphics, computer vision and machine learning while creating future production pipelines and engines
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams including artists, animators, storytellers, and game designers to provide artist-accessible tools and enable new content-creation pipelines
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables while aligning with other team members and product management in a fast paced, Agile environment
Who You Are
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience developing in modern C++, Qt and cmake
- Prior experience with large-scale projects for digital media production
- General familiarity with tools and processes used in digital production including: Python scripting, file formats (USD, FBX, Alembic), DCC plugins and pipeline concepts
- Working understanding of linear algebra and computer graphics fundamentals
- Strong general programming skills and visual/UX-design sense
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development process
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills and able to work both in a team and independently
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Compensation And Benefits
- The annual salary range for this position is $155,000 to $205,000 plus equity (per qualifications). The base pay actually offered will take into account internal leveling, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors
- Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Discounts on movie tickets, theme parks, hotels, Broadway and Vegas shows, shopping partners & more
- Flexible working environment
- Ability to influence product and features built on cutting-edge technologies
- Enormous opportunity for learning and professional growth
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
Our team is fully remote, working effectively together in real time. We are at work between US East Coast and West Coast business hours.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact us.
DigitalFish is not able to sponsor immigration petitions for this role at this time.
DigitalFish is an equal opportunities employer, ensuring all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined to ensure that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!