DreamWorks Animation is looking for more adventurous dreamers who shoot for the moon. We tell stories about the journeys our unconventional heroes take to make dreams come true. As a growth-minded studio, we pride ourselves on being one of the world’s leading producers of high-quality, award-winning, animated films and series, reaching consumers around the globe. We push to feel more, laugh more, and build immersive new worlds.
DreamWorks creates a diverse array of original content in a variety of formats, delivering compelling stories with unique characters. We placase tremendous value on the experiences our talent brings to the table from their own non-traditional paths to success. We believe in frequent communication and that transparency and trust yield the best work. We are a community of artists, technologists, innovators, and creators, who are passionate about animation and also happen to love eating lunch together.
The Character Effects department and CFX Artists at DreamWorks Animation are responsible for both the set up and shot simulation of cloth, fur, hair, foliage, feathers, props, and other simulations as necessary on various projects.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
“What would you say you do here?”
- Designs and crafts character effects such as cloth and fur simulations.
- Develops generalized tools, used in Character FX, to help improve the pipeline.
- Creates cloth and hair simulations, prop animation and animation cleanup for shot work in production.
- Creatively solve problems and achieve art direction for a shot.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
- Demonstrate artistic vision and appropriately expand upon the art direction given.
- Technical Animation for shots in production
- Cloth and Fur simulations
- Deformations, procedural modeling and animation
“What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- Excellent eye for motion and solid understanding of animation principles.
- Solid understanding of softwares like Maya and Houdini.
- Scripting proficiency in Mel and Python.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Ability to prioritize, work independently or within a group, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Upon request provide a reel/portfolio of work examples — if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal/DreamWorks Animation worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
“What can I offer?”
- Exposure to rigging tools and surface modeling techniques preferred.
- Dynamic simulation background preferred.
- Production experience preferred.
This position has been designated as fully remote, meaning that the position is expected to contribute from a non-DreamWorks worksite, most commonly an employee’s residence.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $78,312 – $110,000.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!