Working in collaboration with four innovative studios, our team of 230 talented individuals, accompanied by our beloved studio dogs, are dedicated to creating world-class projects. We foster a unique studio culture that empowers and inspires our teams, ensuring that everyone feels motivated to bring their best ideas to life.
We can offer you an award-winning working environment. At Electric Square, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are currently looking for a wonderful Creature / Character Artist to join our Brighton based team – but we are fully supportive of remote working and happy to enable whatever blend of home and office best empowers you and your work.
A Creature / Character Artist at Electric Square:
- Works closely with the Lead Character Artist and Art Lead to establish the aesthetic and technical standards of art for the project
- Creates AAA characters from concept art and/or other references, modelling, texturing, and shaders.
- Contributes to character design and work with the design and animation team on all aspects of gameplay.
- May oversee and support the external management and integration of outsourced content.
- Problem solves and consistently present sound solutions to technical issues related to the creation of a real-time game.
- Proactively assists in defining art pipelines and best practices against an industry benchmark.
- Ideally a First in Fine Art, Computer Animation, Digital Media Design or relevant degree.
- An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of ability and traditional drawing skills.
- Solid understanding of content creation and texturing tools, 2D/3D art packages: Photoshop, Maya/Max, Substance Painter/Designer, Z-Brush and Unity3d
- Ability and understanding of production techniques such as high-low poly baking, modular asset creation, physically based rendering, Knowledge of Unity 3d particles, environment animation, sculpting, prototype, texture, and light beautiful and immersive stylised worlds. Level creation experience and rendering
- A good sense of composition and eye for detail, colour and lighting
- A generalist creative and technical skillset that reaches beyond the remit of character art.
- Demonstrable time management, organisational and communication skills is a must.
- Enthusiastic team player, positive and outgoing personality
- A passion for pushing visual quality and production techniques, video games, art and a commitment to personal development
- A creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- A love of creating unforgettable, utterly loveable gaming experiences for the audience!
If you are wondering if you should apply or not, we sincerely hope that you do! You may wish to read that sentence again. Good luck!
When you join Electric Square you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked one of Brighton’s incredible pop-up diners. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
- Holidays – 25 days’ annual leave entitlement including studio closure over the Christmas period plus all UK bank holidays
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays – An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Electric Square, up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement.
- Generous Team Project Bonuses (usually paid when product ships/launches)
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by BUPA Healthcare.
- Group Income Protection
- Health and Well-being Allowance – £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga and a lovely massage. It’s on us!
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our dental plan company scheme.
- Volunteer Time Off ‘Electric Square in the Community’ – Spend one day per year on full pay volunteering for the non-profit organisation of your choice.
- Tech Scheme – Over 5,000 products available from to buy over 12 or 24 month payment terms, saving up to 12% on National Insurance.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice cycle purchase scheme with tax savings through Evans Cycles.
- Free Fresh Home Cooked Electric Square Monthly Friday Lunch – Monthly Friday lunches bought to us by one of many amazing local pop-up diners – all local and organic, meat and vegan recipes. A wonderful way to catch up with everyone on a Friday over a beer or a bottle of Kombucha!
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Free Awesome Swag – Sleek Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the iconic Electra symbol emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season.
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Free Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Exclusive anniversary presents – After your first and third year as an Electron.
- Fresh Fruit & Healthy Snacks – Provided every day, with a suggestion board for new treats.
- Pastries, Cakes & Doughnuts – For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Electra’s Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic. Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to.
- In-house Social Clubs – There are lots of ways to socialise with your colleagues here! From day one you’re invited to join in clubs for D&D fans, board games, bouldering, drawing nights, yoga, cooking club – the list goes on and there is always space open for new members!
- Two studios in the heart of Brighton – Electric Square South is right next to the Royal Pavilion in an imposing 1933 building originally called Electric House, Electric Square North is in a contemporary space on the other side of the Royal Pavilion.
- Dogs with Jobs – Electric Square is a dog friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
- Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Electric Square personal trainer.
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights Out – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Brighton & Hove has to offer.
- Summer Festival – Every year on a hot summer’s afternoon, we all leave work early to enjoy the sun with company organised pop-up diner, cocktail shack, bouncy castle, face painting and other fun amenities. The whole family is invited to spend the day coming to socialise with us, on us 🙂
- Exhibitions & Days Out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get everyone out seeing what’s going on.
Role Information: EN
Studio: Electric Square
Location: Europe, United Kingdom, Brighton
Service: Game Development
Employment Type: Contract (12 Months)
Working Pattern: Full Time, Remote
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!