The Spectarium art team are seeking an Environment Artist to work on our new stylised fantasy IP. In this role you will bring our game’s world to life with brilliant and immersive landscapes, architecture and environmental props all wrapped up in a consistent hand-painted lush game world.
The ideal candidate is a skilled 3D artist who creates tastefully stylized art that serves not only the needs of gameplay but is mindful of real-time mobile performance metrics and a keen environmental storyteller.
If you’re ready to work alongside a passionate fully remote team whose culture is all about supportive and collaborative game development, we want to hear from you!
- Work closely with our Lead Environment Artist and Art Director to develop and drive the artistic vision.
- Create models for environments, structures, lighting and other props for real time playable worlds.
- Integrate assets and textures produced in Unity respecting our technical and artistic constraints.
- Able to communicate on the same level with level designers and modify game-assets to maximise gameplay.
- Take a block out from Level Design and turn it into a fully lit and beautifully crafted environment.
- Portfolio demonstrating a passion for crafting optimised stylized fantasy worlds.
- Strong artistic ability to visualise entire levels in detail with minimal concept art and direction.
- Experience in Unity and relevant experience in the mobile game space
- You’re a positive, proactive problem-solver and embrace and contribute to our studio culture.
- Knowledge of Substance Designer and Painter is a bonus.
- Familiarity with version control software.
- 5+ years of professional experience in games, modelling environments using DCC’s, or related software.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!