Scanline VFX, a Netflix Company, is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with studios in 7 core locations. From humble beginnings over 30 years ago, we’ve grown to a team of over 1,400 made up of diverse nationalities from around the world. Underpinned by a commitment to innovation, Eyeline Studios, Scanline’s virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career!
The Environment Lead is responsible for leading the Environment team and contributing to photo-realistic 2D and 3D environments and concepts.
- Assesses the most efficient methodology per environment brief. Approaches will vary from 2.5D Matte Painting projection setups, through full 3D asset builds
- Provides confident leadership and mentorship to the Environments team
- Provides and acquires photographic reference materials
- Performs tasks related to integrating imagery into shots and preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and color
- Creates 2D paintings and 3D using photography, practical and digital skills
- Works closely with the VFX Supervisors to ensure high quality work is done smoothly and efficiently
- Provides and receives artistic and technical direction
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum five (5) years of previous experience as a Digital Matte Painter or Environment Artist for live action feature and/or television
- Proven team leadership and supervision skills
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop
- Strong understanding of Nuke, 3D environment layout, Maya, and camera projections
- Working knowledge of Mari
- Understanding and application of perspective in the creation of the 2.5D and 3D digital environment
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!