Do you love bringing game worlds to life?
Epic Story Interactive is hiring a Senior 3D Game Artist who will be responsible for creating beautiful 3D characters and assets for our games. You’ll have an opportunity to dream up and set in motion your creative ideas to make our games sing.
We create game experiences that evoke the magic we felt playing our favourite games growing up! We’re creative folks striving to build games that leave a lasting impact in players’ memories. We support everyone’s desire to seek personal mastery in their fields by making meaningful contributions to their teams and projects.
We want an energetic and self-motivated candidate who’s excited to create vibrant game worlds and is a well-rounded character artist who has strong experience with 3D modeling, texturing, rigging, and animation. Your work day involves communicating with the game development team, working with the Art Director to support the vision of the project, creating beautiful 3D characters based on concept designs, texturing, rigging, animating, and implementing them in Unity. You will enjoy the challenge that comes with working on an original IP game with a small team. In your role you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the Art Department, game art pipeline, and Epic Story Interactive as a whole.
- $65,000 – $75,000 CAD per year.
- Comprehensive benefits starting after 3 months.
- Full-time salaried position, 40 hours per week, flexible hours around core hours of 10 AM to 4 PM Pacific time
- 3 weeks paid time off and 7 paid sick days per year.
- Fully remote (work from home).
- This role may require accommodating requests from team members or external partners in other time zones.
- Start date – ASAP.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support a game team in all areas of 3D character art modeling, texturing, rigging, and animation from beginning to end of development.
- Design and create high quality, fully textured 3D characters for a stylized mobile game environment.
- Partner with Art Director, Product Owner, and development team to reach viability goals while striving to create a lasting impact.
- Support the growth of the Art Department through various means such as: participating in hiring, mentorship, leadership, and pipeline research and development.
Individuals with the following traits, skills and experiences should apply:
- 3+ years of experience in the game industry.
- Proven experience creating top quality game characters.
- 3D character modeling, rigging, and animation for games.
- Comfortable with 3D and art software such as Unity, Maya, Blender, Photoshop.
- Responsible, empathic, and effective communicator with a learning mindset.
- Extra credit for being a marvelous designer, having experience with particle animation in Unity, or experience being a lead or mentor for other artists.
In return, they can expect:
- Opportunity to work closely with company founders.
- Potential to manage directs as the Art Department grows.
- Success in this role may lead to advancement in the Lead Game Artist, Art Director, and Creative Director roles.
At Epic Story Interactive we create game experiences that evoke the magic we felt playing our favourite games growing up! We’re creative folks striving to build games that leave a lasting impact in players’ memories. We support everyone’s desire to seek personal mastery in their fields by making meaningful contributions to their teams and projects.
For more information please visit:
- Our website
How to Apply
Are you excited about this opportunity? Then we’re excited to meet you! Please apply directly through this job post. Send any information you feel is relevant to your application, such as links to your portfolio or references to past video game projects in which you played a significant role.
Due to a high volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to every application that we receive. If you are chosen to move forward, our interview process follows this sequence:
- 15 to 30 minute phone screen interview with a member of our team.
- 1 to 2 virtual 60-minute interviews with members of our team.
- Virtual 60-minute values and fit interview with a co-founder.
- Reference checks.
- A decision is communicated and an offer is extended.
At Epic Story Interactive we aim to complete the entire process above within 2 to 3 weeks. If at any time we decide to end your candidacy, you will be notified of this by a member of our team in writing. We would appreciate it if you extend us that same courtesy.
Epic Story Interactive is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, including our work environment. We especially welcome applications from Indigenous peoples, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women, and persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+.
Epic Story Interactive welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please inform us within your application if you require any accommodations and every effort will be made to meet your needs.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!