FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of VR and MR. We’re a funded scale-up on a mission to impact more lives than any other fitness company, and build a healthier world for everyone.
We started life in 2016 in a garden shed in the UK. Today, we’re building FitXR, one of the top-downloaded apps on the Meta Quest store. We’ve raised close to $40m from top investors such as Maveron, Hiro, BoostVC and TriplePoint.
We’re a remote-first team of just under 100 people from across the US, UK, and Spain, and we’re committed to making it simpler and more enjoyable for people to get moving. We believe that anybody can fall in love with fitness and make movement part of their life.
Our team is distributed across Europe and the US. We’re guided by our Principles of Play: eight core beliefs about how we treat each other and our community. We make space for every voice, believe in the importance of a learner’s mindset, and prioritize team success over individual glory.
The FitXR app contains a growing range of fitness studios, where members can choose from box workouts with world-class trainers like Olympian Nicola Adams, powerful HIIT workouts, and immersive dance classes. While nothing compares to trying it yourself, you can
watch a trailer here
FitXR is available on Meta Quest 2 and has been downloaded by over a million people worldwide. Featured in Forbes, Empire, T3, Washington Post, Men’s Health, GQ and more. In 2022, FitXR ranked 6th in
The Information’s 50 Most Promising Startups
As Art Director, you will lead the team responsible for designing and implementing experiences that push the boundaries of what’s possible in MR/VR (Mixed Reality/Virtual Reality) experiences. This is a role for a people-focused manager who loves craft and can roll up their sleeves to support their team. You’ll think equally about how to grow artists in your team, the creative direction of our product, and the process we use to make outstanding experiences.
The ideal person will have a mixture of experience working in VR, gaming and consumer apps, with a passion for growing and leading a remote-first team of Artists.
What you’ll do
- Coach and mentor Artists. You will attract artist talent to the team, hire, grow, retain and promote Artists.
- Provide creative vision and direction to your team. You think strategically and always keep the user’s needs in mind.
- Clearly communicate artistic vision to teams and project stakeholders using art mockups and prototypes.
- Represent your team and your teams’ work to executives and leaders.
- Partner with Product Design, Engineering, Product and Content teams to deliver high-quality solutions within schedules.
- Help establish and improve our art build pipelines
- Lead individual artist assignments for projects and tasks, including the review and critique of art assets for specific projects.
You should apply if
- Experience managing and inspiring Art teams.
- A strong portfolio that showcases high-craft work as Art Director and 3D Artist.
- Excellent story-telling and presentation skills to all levels of seniority audiences (from C-level to contributors).
- The ability to work autonomously in a timely manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills and troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to balance working across projects to define, manage and prioritise work effectively.
- Proficiency in Unity Engine and Production Art Tools (eg. Maya, 3DsMax, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance).
- Good communication and attitude towards feedback and collaboration.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to implement data-driven holistic solutions for the product.
- Experience balancing product, development and user-driven objectives to contribute to the product strategy.
- Exceptional ability to optimise projects without compromising visual quality.
- Experience working in a Scrum environment and on multidisciplinary teams.
- Previous MR/VR experience is a plus.
What you’ll be measured on
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a distributed multidisciplinary Product Design team and make sure standards are met.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, to find best solutions and get buy-in from key stakeholders and cross-functional partners to achieve business impact.
- Ability to take a step back and think about the larger picture while leading teams through the ambiguity and organisational shifts of a start-up spearheading MR/VR adoption.
- Mastery and experience working across multiple efforts and products.
- Excellent proficiency in core Product Design elements such as user journeys, layout, typography and iconography
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Initial screen (talent team)
- Hiring Manager
- Cross-functional team interview
- Final interview
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Our benefits are hosted on
which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
Fully remote: your life, your way of working
Unlimited annual leave
Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
£800 per annum learning budget
£600 per annum wellbeing budget
£400 work from home budget
Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
Quest 2 VR headset
⛑ Private Health Insurance (optional)
♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
12 weeks full paid family leave (this include bereavement, adoption, paternity, maternity)
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!