Who We Are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and background impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we’ll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you’re passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role (the mission, why this role exists, the thing you do over and over again)
- Create high-quality 3D character models with an emphasis on topology, UV layout, and texturing.
- Work with the art director and 3D art leads to ensure that all characters are visually consistent and meet the project’s quality standards.
- Collaborate with the game design and programming teams to ensure that all assets are optimized for mobile devices and meet performance requirements
- Continuously improve skills and stay up-to-date with the latest techniques, tools, and best practices in the mobile game industry
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to the overall development process.
What you’ll achieve (outcomes vs what people will do)
- Assist in the creation of high-quality, optimized 3D characters and character prop assets for mobile games.
- Consistent high-quality contributions to the creation of visually stunning and immersive mobile game characters.
- Effective communication and collaboration with fellow character artists and department lead.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful (competencies)
- Core understanding of 3D modeling and texturing using software such as Maya/3ds Max/Blender, Photoshop and Substance.
- Basic knowledge of rigging and animation is a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge of mobile optimization techniques and best practices.
- Ability to take direction and feedback, and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
- We’re not just about making Games Where You Belong. We’re also about building communities where our people belong. That’s why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!