Who We Are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and background impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we’ll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you’re passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role (the mission, why this role exists, the thing you do over and over again)
- Produce high-quality 3D game assets utilizing a variety of techniques including hight-to-low poly workflows, hard surface modeling and organic sculpting.
- Utilize your professional skills in creating stylized characters, with a deep understanding of shape language, anatomy, proportion, and character design.
- Work with the lead 3D artist and art director to ensure that all characters are visually consistent and meet the project’s quality standards.
- Work closely with the animation team to ensure that character models are rigged and skinned properly for animation.
- Collaborate with the game design and programming teams to ensure that all assets are optimized for mobile devices and meet performance requirements.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior artists on the team, as needed.
- Continuously improve skills and stay up-to-date with the latest techniques, tools, and best practices in the mobile game industry.
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to the overall development process.
What you’ll achieve (outcomes vs what people will do)
- Contribute to the production of high-quality, optimized 3D environments and assets for mobile games.
- Deliver benchmark quality assets adhering to and translating the overall art direction.
- Consistently high-quality contributions to the creation of visually stunning and immersive mobile game characters.
- Effective communication and collaboration with the art, design, and programming teams.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful (competencies)
- Deep understanding of 3D modeling and texturing using software such as May/3ds Max/ Blender, Photoshop and Substance.
- In-depth knowledge of rigging and animation is a plus.
- Ability to effectively integrate 3D assets into the Unity game engine, ensuring seamless integration with the overall game design and functionality.
- Expert knowledge in digital sculpting and high-to-low poly workflows.
- In-depth knowledge of mobile optimization techniques and best practices.
- Ability to mentor and provide guidance to junior artists on the team.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Able to effectively collaborate with every department of a game development team (game designers, programmers, tech art, animation, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
- We’re not just about making Games Where You Belong. We’re also about building communities where our people belong. That’s why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!