, the award-winning game studio behind PowerWash Simulator, the Velocity series, Peaky Blinders Mastermind, and many more awesome games.
We’re looking for an experienced
Lead 3D Artist
(Generalist) who is keen to build beautiful stylized and unique worlds while nurturing and leading the art team. You will be working with the Lead Designer, Lead Programmer and Producer, you will lead the art team on a new and exciting IP, taking responsibility for ensuring our lovely, warm and soothing game has a unique style and is polished to a high quality. You need to be happy turning your hand to a wide range of 3D game art production skills, from modelling, texturing, VFX, to lighting, shaders and look dev.
On a day to day you can expect to be problem solving, scoping art tasks and assigning them to the team, discussing implementation with the code team, monitoring progress and future planning with production. You will also need to identify art resources needed and be involved in the recruitment process where necessary.
FuturLab are in the unique position of having complete creative and financial control of our own IP. This position is ideal for someone who is keen to have their ideas listened to and will enjoy seeing their own work highly visible within a finished product. It’s important that you are proactive, positive and care about creating high quality and fun experiences as well as ensuring your team are well looked after.
As a remote-friendly studio, we are pleased to offer remote working wherever possible. This role can be fully remote, based out of our sunny seaside office in Brighton or a mixture of both! We believe patience is as good for our games as it is our people. Therefore, we are a no-crunch studio, with a focus on wellbeing. We foster an inclusive and welcoming culture, check out the Life at FuturLab page (www.futurlab.co.uk/life-at-futurlab) for reasons why you’d love working here!
Even if you don’t have all the skills and experience listed but still have the passion, unbridled enthusiasm, distinctive ideas, and fearless audacity like us, then please apply and get in touch as we’d love to hear from you!
Please note that we are only able to employ those who are both a UK resident and/or have a valid UK work permit.
- Served as a lead artist in a previous role.
- Strong experience using Unity.
- At least 8 years industry experience.
- Strong artistic fundamentals, with the ability to effectively communicate critique and artistic intent to others.
- Comfortable with common Game Art tools such as 3DS Max/Blender, Substance Designer/Painter, Zbrush and Photoshop.
- Lighting, shader, and scene setup knowledge.
- Ability to effectively itemise tasks and assign realistic time scales to them.
- Able to take responsibility for delivering the art for the game from both an artistic and organizational standpoint.
- Ability to inspire, support and guide the art team to produce their best work.
- Strong communication skills with a friendly, helpful, and positive demeanour.
- Serving as a vision holder for the style and Art direction of our games, has an understanding of the intent of the game design and player experience, with the ability to effectively communicate and guide artists in how to achieve the required results.
- Providing regular feedback and reviews in a clear and constructive way, ensuring that artwork is of a high quality.
- Directing the creation of concepts from the concept art team and managing the translation to in-game assets.
- Working with other departments to develop effective art pipelines.
- Mentoring less experienced artists and managing outsourcing where required.
- Working with the Game Director to create unique artistic visuals with style and flair.
- Working with the Producer to track progress and schedule art task
- Responsible for creating games and bringing them up to the visual target.
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Performance related bonus.
- Annual salary reviews based on your performance.
- Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (No weekends, No overtime, No Crunch!)
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the UK!
- Opportunities to attend and speak at gaming events/conferences.
- Free game codes, game swag and merchandise.
- 21 days annual leave + 9 Bank Holidays, which includes our very own FuturLab Bank Holiday!
- 2 Duvet Days. (No questions asked)
- Extra day off for your birthday.
- Studio closure over the Christmas period.
- Bike2work scheme.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave.
- Enhanced Sick Pay.
- Enhanced Pension.
- Private Healthcare.
- Remote therapy service through Spill.
- Eye tests & standard glasses for display work.
- Paid training and volunteer days per year to work on your personal development.
- Amazing offices with a great culture. E.g. Regular social activities, Free fresh fruit, Free iced treats in the Summer and Free locally roasted, Small Batch Coffee and Speciality Teas!
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process as required, please add any adjustment requests to your application.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!