Demiurge is seeking an experienced game developer and leader to be the Game Director of our next project!
A Game Director at Demiurge is accountable for the success of the project acting as the “CEO of the Game.” In this role you will lead a talented cross-discipline development team through all phases of development.
You may be a great fit if you know what makes a great experience, understand the business of game development, and have the experience to take a game from concept through launch.
- Lead a team of developers across all disciplines through a project from concept to live operations
- Understanding your target player and ensuring a strong resonance with the game features
- Develop strong relationships to establish and maintain a reliable and timely flow of information and materials to all parties as necessary
- Keep all key stakeholders informed of product status and vision through the preparation and presentation of appropriate project materials (including milestone updates, work-in-progress presentations, etc)
- Working with your leads team to driving the project schedule, roadmap, and backlog prioritization
- Understand the competitive landscape of your project and defining clear strategies for how the product can succeed
- Accountable for business goals through owning the project P&L. Make key choices regarding what to focus on, when, and to what degree
- Work with discipline directors for staffing decisions including team makeup, skill assessment, and hiring
- Evangelize your game
- 10+ years in the gaming industry
- Shipped at least 2 successful projects in a lead design or product role
- Production planning and day-to-day operational experience
- Deep and broad understanding of the PC/console landscape
- Experience creating 3D action games
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with leadership and conflict resolution skills
- The Ability to mentor and grow developers of all levels of experience
Preference for applicants with
- Expertise in FPS or third person shooters
- Experience running live services
- Development experience as a designer, artist, or engineer
- Experience running prototyping teams
Demiurge Studios is a rapidly growing video game developer based in Boston, MA. Developing games is our passion and we bring over 20 years of expertise to our projects. The teams at Demiurge build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry game companies. In that capacity, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Hearthstone Battlegrounds, Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!