At Gamefam, we are revamping the gaming landscape. We strive to provide an unmatched experience for both players and creators across metaverse gaming platforms like Roblox, Fortnite Creative Mode, and Minecraft.
Amazing experiences for an amazing community
Gamefam is the #1 integrated tech and media company in the metaverse as the leading professional publisher and developer of games on Roblox. We operate the largest network of games on the platform with over 30 live games, +500 million monthly visits and +83 million hours of engagement. Some of Gamefam’s top franchises include Twilight Daycare, Tower of Misery, Car Dealership Tycoon, RoBeats!, Gym Tycoon, Little World, Polybattle, Hot Wheels Open World, and Eating Simulator.
Our Mission is to create amazing experiences for an amazing community and grow the next generation of super hit gaming and entertainment franchises from within the metaverse. We’re looking for talented, driven and passionate professionals to join us in the journey of building the future of media and entertainment in the metaverse.
The concept artist will be responsible for creating concept art, in-game production art, and marketing art for the various projects we have here at our office. The concept artist will be asked to work on character art, environment art, UI art, and more.
What you’ll be doing:
Create Concept Art
- Design and paint characters or scenes to help imagine and communicate game ideas based on the core concepts of the game.
- Create detailed concept art of characters and props for 3d artists to reference in creating in-game models.
- Paint-over screenshots or models to help communicate how to fix and improve models, scenes, and animations.
- Paint scenes and environments to specify mood and feel of scenes, and locations in the game.
Other Art Tasks
- Help out with 3d modeling, animation, particle effects, or video editing depending on the skill set of the concept artist.
- Work with the Roblox engine or other tools directly to ensure the quality of the final game.
Create Production and Marketing Art
- Create icons, borders, and other UI assets needed to implement UI in the game.
- Create portraits, icon images, and any other 2d images needed for our games.
- Create key art, game icons, banners, screenshots, and other art necessary for PR and Marketing.
Communicate and Manage Other Artists
- Work with external artists to create great art assets for the game.
- Help set the style and quality bar of the game.
Qualifications and desired experience:
- Full understanding of the fundamentals of art and design.
- Well-versed in Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with the process of 3d modeling.
- Familiarity with animation.
- Enjoy working in a small, agile team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with particle effects is a plus.
- Experience editing video is a plus.
- Experience in the game industry a plus.
- Passion for games!
- This is a remote position with working hours generally based around PST. Working hours can be shifted for candidates in other time zones.
- Roblox is primarily a younger audience. Candidates should be aware of this and keep it in mind when designing features.
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Remote Flexibility
- Unlimited PTO
- Company wide shutdown between Christmas and New Years
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- WFH Stipend
- Electronics Allotment
- More surprises when you join!
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!