Gardens is a new remote games studio from developers of games like
What Remains of Edith Finch
, and more. We’re named after the games we grow together — lush, living worlds that bring players together to cultivate lasting friendships. Worlds that offer surprising multiplayer experiences and flourish with the help of their communities.
We believe a team of diverse voices has the most to say, and we are committed to providing a healthy, inclusive, collaborative, and transparent work environment for all!
As a fully-distributed studio, we aspire to support employees living and working where they want. We offer competitive pay, stock options, non-accrual paid time off with flexibility in timing, 35 hour work weeks, and robust benefits (including full medical and vision, dental, 401k contributions and more)!
We are currently creating our flagship project — a shared 3D fantasy adventure inspired by our favorite memories playing online games over the years.
It’s the world we want to play in every day!
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking a full-time
Lead Technical Artist
for current and future games at our growing remote studio!
As a Lead Technical Artist, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the visual identity of our games. We are looking for an experienced technical artist who will inspire a team of artists and work closely with engineering, design, and other disciplines to create stunning visual experiences that push the boundaries of what is possible in a multiplayer game.
We seek collaborative people that are excited to contribute innovative and original ideas across all aspects of the game’s design & production, working together as a team.
- Work closely with the art and engineering teams to improve and implement the visual style of the game.
- Handle highly technical development tasks in one or more facets of the game’s look:
- Procedural content creation
- VFX and particle systems
- Asset pipelines
- Shaders and materials
- Graphics and Rendering
- Mentor and lead other technical artists and provide guidance on best practices for asset creation and optimization.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure that the visual style of the game supports the gameplay and user experience.
- Collaborate with the team to develop new tools and systems that improve the art pipeline and asset creation workflows.
- Work together with the management team to plan and prioritize tasks for their team that are aligned with the high level vision
- Unity experience.
- Deep expertise in one or more of these specialties:
- Procedural content creation.
- Tools and pipeline development, including programming in C# and Python.
- Shader creation utilizing visual shader editors.
- Experience with non-photorealistic rendering techniques.
- Experience managing and mentoring other technical artists.
- Solid understanding of asset creation workflows and optimization techniques.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Capable of working independently, keeping on-task and motivated.
- Located in PT, MT, CT, ET time zone, or willing to relocate.
- Experience with building and maintaining asset libraries.
- Understanding of procedural content generation techniques.
- Expert knowledge of the Unity engine.
We are a small, highly collaborative studio, eager to give people the chance to bring their full selves to work. Tell us how your unique skill set and life experiences make you the ideal candidate for this role!
- Competitive Salaries and Pay Transparency
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k Contributions
- Non-accrual paid time off with flexibility in timing.
- A fully-distributed studio. We aspire to support employees living and working where they want.
Benefits and perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Gardens and the country in which you work.
We are supportive of a diverse workforce and strive for inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, criminal history, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Compensation Range: $150.9K – $226.3K
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!