Gardens is a new remote games studio from developers of games like
What Remains of Edith Finch
, and more. We’re named after the games we grow together — lush, living worlds that bring players together to cultivate lasting friendships. Worlds that offer surprising multiplayer experiences and flourish with the help of their communities.
We believe a team of diverse voices has the most to say, and we are committed to providing a healthy, inclusive, collaborative, and transparent work environment for all!
As a fully-distributed studio, we aspire to support employees living and working where they want. We offer competitive pay, stock options, non-accrual paid time off with flexibility in timing, 35 hour work weeks, and robust benefits (including full medical and vision, dental, 401k contributions and more)!
We are currently creating our flagship project — a shared 3D fantasy adventure inspired by our favorite memories playing online games over the years.
It’s the world we want to play in every day!
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking a full-time
Senior VFX Artist
for current and future games at our growing remote studio!
As our VFX Artist, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the visual identity of our games. We are looking for an experienced VFX professional to be our key creator, working closely with environmental art, animation, design, and other disciplines to create stunning visual experiences that push the boundaries of what is possible in a multiplayer game.
We seek collaborative people that are excited to contribute innovative and original ideas across all aspects of the game’s design & production, working together as a team.
- Personally take visual effects all the way from start to finish:
- Concepting and look development
- Prototyping and placeholder VFX
- Final in-game VFX
- Bug fixes and maintenance
- Collaborate with the art director and art team to envision the look and feel of the VFX within the unique visual style of the game.
- Handle all VFX aspects of the games needs:
- Environmental and visual ambience
- Player and creature actions
- Work closely with the design team to ensure that the visual style of the VFX supports the gameplay and user experience.
- Work closely with the engineering team to set up, integrate, and troubleshoot VFX in game.
- Collaborate with the team to develop new tools and systems that improve the art pipeline and VFX creation workflows.
- Unity engine experience.
- Experience with creating non-photorealistic visual effects.
- Working knowledge of rendering engines and experience designing VFX shaders
- Solid understanding of creating real time VFX that is performant and optimized.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Capable of working independently, keeping on-task and motivated.
- Located in PT, MT, CT, ET time zone, or willing to relocate.
- Understanding of modelling and texture creation process.
- Scripting or programming experience.
- Expert knowledge of the Unity engine.
We are a small, highly collaborative studio, eager to give people the chance to bring their full selves to work. Tell us how your unique skill set and life experiences make you the ideal candidate for this role!
- Competitive Salaries and Pay Transparency
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k Contributions
- Non-accrual paid time off with flexibility in timing.
- A fully-distributed studio. We aspire to support employees living and working where they want.
Benefits and perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Gardens and the country in which you work.
We are supportive of a diverse workforce and strive for inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, criminal history, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Compensation Range: $145K – $192K
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!