Position: 3D Character Modeler (Contract)
Groove Jones, a world-renowned and award-winning studio specializing in Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Interactive Entertainment technologies, is currently seeking a person to take on a contract role for 3D Character Modeler. (Blender preferred)
This person loves asset creation in Blender or Maya and has knowledge of the 3D modeling pipeline. They are excited about bringing their creations into VR/AR applications and knows how to implement their work into both Unreal and Unity. Strong communication skills and ability to receive constructive feedback is necessary.
The right candidate should enjoy working in a collaborative environment, they should be organized and have an eye for detail. They should also have an insatiable appetite to research, learn and test their knowledge and skills to build things that haven’t been done before!
This is a contract position located in Dallas, Texas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Model, UV and texture 3D assets for use in games and video productions using Blender or Maya
- Optimize complex CAD or scanned geometry for use in VR or Mobile platforms
- Quickly kitbash environments together for use in game engine for prototypes
- Implement assets into Unity or Unreal
- Create PBR textures and materials using Substance Painter and/or Photoshop
- Export optimized texture sets based on the needs of the project
- The ideal candidate would have at least a bachelor’s degree in Fine Art, Animation, Video Game Development or Related Field, but prior experience may qualify someone.
- The candidate must have at least 3-5 year’s experience at an Interactive shop, agency or game studio.
- Candidate must be proficient in Blender
- The position requires a dynamic person that thrives in a fast-paced environment and is extremely organized.
- Experience with optimizing 3D geometry for use in mobile/web application
- This person should have experience implementing assets into both Unreal and Unity.
- Experience with Python a plus.
- Passionate about AR & VR
- Bonus: Love for modeling cars/vehicles
Applicants should submit their resume with a link to their portfolio. Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Groove Jones
Groove Jones is an award-winning creative technology company that provides software solutions to advertising, entertainment, marketing, health, and training companies to engage with their audiences. It has a client list of numerous Fortune 500 companies like Amazon, AT&T, Comcast, HP, IBM, Intel, Mastercard, McDonald’s, Nestle, Samsung, and Under Armour.
We are artists, musicians, thinkers, creators, tinkerers, technologists, gamers, strategists, innovators, rebels, developers and most of all, digital fanboys (and fangirls) with a common interest: consistently delivering amazing, effective work for amazing clients. We love what we do.
For more information visit – www.groovejones.com
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!