Who Are We?
Groundswell is a premier technology integrator resolutely committed to solving the most complex challenges facing federal agencies today. Our name, Groundswell, represents our commitment to be an unstoppable, seismic change in government. Ours is a small company culture with big company reach and results. Are you ready to be audacious, be bold and drive change at a rapid pace? Join us, where we’ll make a greater impact together.
What You’ll Do:
- Explain and organize complex scientific information in a style that is easily understandable to non-scientists and iterate with NOAA until it is scientifically accurate and understandable by the target audience.
- Provide expert level support and creation of products to communicate scientific data and information through visual storytelling. Such work includes but is not limited to the design, production, and display of edited photographs, graphics, data visualizations, videos, slides, infographics, graphic recordings and other means of communicating.
- Support NOAA Research Communications in the planning, facilitating, and executing the production of visual communications products. Manage these products through multiple review cycles, as needed, with OAR, NOAA, and other partners, until it is scientifically accurate and understandable by the targeted audience(s).
- Develop visual content for display on high-definition video monitors and for reproduction as posters.
- Provide expert level support and develop a visual information strategy for OAR headquarters emphasizing cross-platform visual and graphical consistency.
- Develop content for Ocean Today Kiosk videos and other partner video needs.
- Develop Science on a Sphere® playlists and scripts, give public Science on a Sphere® presentations with minimal oversight, and go through multiple review cycles, as needed, with NOAA until it is scientifically accurate and understandable by the targeted public.
- Provide training to OAR staff on how to produce edited photographs, graphics, data visualizations, infographics, animations, graphic recording, video stories and other visual storytelling products.
- Provide on scene support as well as communication products for OAR leadership at key conferences and scientific meetings.
Who We are Looking For:
- We are looking for an experienced Communications Specialist with a focus in graphic design and production artistry to support the Communications Office within the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Office of Oceanic and Research (NOAA OAR).
- Master’s degree in Communications, Production or other related field of study required
- At least 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Basic familiarity with other Adobe Creative Cloud apps is highly desirable, especially those apps involved in the creation and editing of videos or animations, such as Premiere Pro and AfterEffects.
- Strong attention to detail, precision, accuracy, and the ability to learn by example.
- Has a creative vision, and an eye for blending text and graphic elements
- Excels in production artist and final composition work and has experience in layout and graphic design skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a high-paced environment
- Can work both independently and as a team
- MS Office and G-Suite proficiency
- Strong written, analytical, strategic foresight
- Demonstrated experience managing projects
- Travel may be required with an estimated 1-3 trips a year
- Three (3) different samples are required. Candidate should be the sole or primary author/creator. Samples need to each be from a different category. Some examples can include a web feature story, data visualization, an animation, short video recording of no more than 5 minutes, news article, infographic, a video script, or a story map.
- A brief writing and/or graphic exercise may be required
- Knowledge of NOAA systems, services, research, and/or programs is a plus
- A background in environmental, atmospheric, and oceanographic sciences or previous science communication experience is strongly preferred
- Scientific illustration is a plus
Why You’ll Never Want to Leave:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible Spending Account
- 4% 401K Match (no vesting)
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement, certification programs and professional development
- Flexible work schedule
- On site gym and childcare option
- Flex spending account
Groundswell does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Groundswell and Groundswell will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Groundswell is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Read a copy of the Company’s Affirmative Action Statement.
- EO 13496 Notification of Employee Rights under NLRA
- EEO is the Law Poster and Supplement
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Disability Accessibility Accommodation: If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us at email@example.com or 703-639-1777.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!