We’re Hutch, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 280 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
3D Artist / Art Generalist – 12 Month Contract
We’re looking for a 3D Artist / Art Generalist to join the team on a 12 month contract to create visually impressive props and environments for one of our hit games. You’ll join a cross-functional independent team that is empowered to make their own decisions.
You should be adaptable and motivated to produce quality artwork. You should have an expert knowledge of 3D asset creation and a broad range of digital art skills gained in either mobile or console games development. We strive for high quality visuals and look for people that want to achieve that on mobile.
Here at Hutch we have small teams and like generalists who can work within a creative role covering a variety of tasks
- Create high quality environments, vehicles and props for mobile games
- Leverage a number of different skill sets to create quality art for one of our successful titles
- You will be embedded within a small cross functional game team, working closely with other team members in a fast paced and iterative environment
- Great 3D skills in both high and low poly
- Comfortable modelling hard surfaces and organic forms eg buildings, cars, vegetation and rocks
- Texturing skills. We like to see the ability to create simple, clean looking textures without an over reliance on noise overlays or photo source
- Assemble & place assets in order to achieve strong scene composition.
- Be stylistically adaptable. Happy to change between different art styles according to the needs of the product.
- Lighting: A good understanding of lighting principles and experience with either in-game or pre-rendered tools
- Can demonstrate a good use of real time shaders. Familiar with setting up materials such as water, metals and vegetation
- Experience working with Unity
- Expert knowledge of a major 3D package such as Maya, Max or Modo
- Experience with sculpting packages such as zbrush or Mudbox
Bonus Points for any of the following
- Pre-visualisation: Preliminary and exploratory work including use of illustrations and basic 3D to explore composition.
- 2D vector art, graphic design, UI
- Experience with particle systems to create real time VFXs
- Motion graphics
- Camera work & composition
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London. We’re an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with:
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent salaries
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Thursday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!