We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
You are a Game Artist with an arsenal of direct experience to call upon. You could be considered a Generalist, being experienced in multiple areas of game art development, 3D, 2D, animation, materials/shaders, VFX and maybe more. You have a desire to explore & experiment in your craft, with a can-do attitude towards problem solving. You can operate independently on projects and demonstrate the full capabilities of your craft, understanding the technical as well as creative challenges. You’re happy to work collaboratively across the team to ensure the best possible ideas are professionally presented and realised in-game.
You fully understand that your art skills will only get you so far when it comes to creating solutions and that your other non-technical skills, such as effective communication and teamwork are starting to play a much larger role in your work.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Follow visual direction and technical briefs to create game assets, animations, VFX, shaders and more
- Help solve creative and technical challenges across a variety of projects
- Work using relevant 3D & 2D tools, material creators/editors & game engines – plus game development software such as version control and production tools
- Identify and log tasks, track and report on progress
- Maintain high quality standards and process: workflows, tests, documentation, approvals
- Attend stand-ups, craft meetings, deep-dives, reviews, show and tells, etc
What We’ll Need From You
- Experienced Artist level portfolio/showreel
- Experience using Unreal Engine & Unity
- Solid art development experience in the games industry
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend visual direction and adapt style as needed
- Solid problem solving: a knowledge of workflows, dependencies, typical challenges across multiple areas of art for games
- Excellent knowledge of typical art tools and game engines
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
What Would Help
- Experience in a generalist role, with a desire for technical problem solving
- Experience working with cross-discipline teams
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!